Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I like to see pics of stock height truck with ladder bars or traction bars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What set up did you like better? I tow 6-7 months out of the year. Every other week at 12,500 fifth wheel. When I am not towing I like the big tunes but not the hard shift. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I recommend a frame mount bar like the Pro Comp bars. CalTracs were great for the track, but they don't prevent all axle wrap and they don't absorb the shifts. If you are staying stock height, I would recommend a bar that is better fit for your truck. Pro Comp recommends their bars for 4"+ lift. Probably why I didn't find them 100% effective on my truck at stock height.

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
So what is a good bar for stock height?

·
Registered
582 Posts
^ i have these and love them. Installed them myself in 2 hours. I would recomend some sort of a drill that can drill on a 90. It wasnt to fun with a normal drill.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I got a set of pro comp i love them!!!!

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
I just traded my 6.0 on a 08 cclb F-350 and I'm thinking of putting F-250 blocks in the rear to level out the truck. Don't want to derail but has anyone done this? I don't want wheel hop!

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I just traded my 6.0 on a 08 cclb F-350 and I'm thinking of putting F-250 blocks in the rear to level out the truck. Don't want to derail but has anyone done this? I don't want wheel hop!
Leveling out your truck isnt going to fix wheel hop. If you want you can put 250 blocks and level it, or you can just buy a leveling kit for the front and raise it up some. which would be my vote. Im going to order a set of Newton traction bars at the first of the year

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
yeah that is worded kind of funny. I knowlowering the back wont cure hop. LOL how much are these bars? any links?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there any tracking bars out there in the $400-$500 range?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts