Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck needs paint, I just want plain white, the body is solid and dent free, and minor surface rust on the bed. I know Maaco has a somewhat bad rep, and I do understand you get what you pay for, but as the truck stands now with a blue/dark blue two tone bed and a white cab, i dont think they could make it worse. But i was wondering has anyone gotten work done there before? Firgured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Do your own body work and prep. Remove anything that is not needed to run legal on the road to get you there. Basically just let them spray it, you do everything else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luckily i have no dents, its just the sanding part, even then i should do it myself? any reason or just because you get what you pay for?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Exactly. They still may sand it down quickly but if you do it you know it will be right. Main areas are the hard to get areas like around door handles, windows, cab lights etc. But they can spray it very well. If you do the prep it is just extra insurance.

I have seen their prep work ( or lack of) start to fail after two months. Cracks and flaking.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I had my whole truck done by maaco and they did everything including rust removal and repair and it looks awesome. the quality and care as well as the customer service was amazing....could I have gotten better? yes. for the price? not a chance!

Chad

good luck bud. get the best paint options so that your warranty is longer on the paint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive seen their work several times and honestly borrow your buddys air compressor and paint it yourself itll be cheaper and youll do a far superior job

·
Registered
756 Posts
They painted my friends truck and did an alright job. It definitely didn't have that brand new paint job look that I was expecting. It looked like its already been that color for a few years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
reading several of these responses make me kind of mad cause my hood got keyed and thats the only place near me to paint it that insurance will cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts