Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a 2" or 1.5" receiver that mounts to the front so I can put a bicycle rack or a tail gate bbq. Everyone I find mounts behind the bumper and you are required to remove the fog lights.

Anyone have one that doesn't require removing the lights?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine had one on it when i bought it and it actually come's out all the way at the bottom of the bumper. Mine is welded to the frame though. Looks like someone just modified a rear one to fit.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here is a pic

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've debated cutting it off but i know the moment i do something will come up where i wish i had it. It also makes for a great spot to put jack stands. I've also thought about making an adapter plate for a winch i have in the garage that would slide into the recievers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
try pullin a trailer in a tight spot with the front!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
You mean one like this?

·
Registered
703 Posts
i think thats the one i have. just bought the truck and it came with it. my fogs are still there

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
202 Posts
That one is a Drawtite brand, if you google superduty front mount hitch under images there are a bunch of results. I found that some time ago to get ideas to make my own.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the Drawtite one and I had to remove the fog lights. If you get one that attaches to the end of the frame, I cant see how there would ever be clearance to install the factory fog lights. You could make or weld some kind of mounts that would allow you to mount aftermarket lights to the hitch.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
my ranchhand has one on it and it comes in handy more times than not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can't think of the name right now (pretty sure someone else will), but there's one that hooks on to the factory tow hooks. Sits out in front of the bumper, 2" receiver, good for at least 5k tow rating. When you're not using it, you just pull a couple pins and take it right off, pretty slick set-up, definitely strong enough for what you're looking for.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Google Bodiak front end hitches. About $220, only on when you need it. Attaches to the front tow hooks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Google Bodiak front end hitches. About $220, only on when you need it. Attaches to the front tow hooks.
bodiak.net

Very cool setup. I like the fact that it has two mounting locations, it will make it stable.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Got one on my South Texas Outfitters front end replacement, helps with getting trailers around by yourself.

cadd

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I've got one on my front end replacement.

Never actually used it for anything yet but I can see it coming in handy.

It seems a little high to be moving trailers around with though.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Awesome place to mount a winch. Or a bar.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts