Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. Just curious if anyone has had problems with there 2010 and if so what problems did you have?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont have a 2010 but I do have a Job 3 2008 thats had its fair of problems. Its been to the dealer about 5 or 6 times for my memory seats and air conditioning not pushing cold air like it should. Just picked it back up tonite and they said it was all good but again its not to bad thay were closed or I would have given them an ear full. The other problems would be loss of power and surging sometimes. I would love to know how to post on this damn site. What problems have you had.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 2010 w/approx 3,500 miles and no issues. I thought I had a oil leak but it must of been the oil changer at the Ford store splashed oil on bottom side of my bell housing like a rear main seal leak. But I cleaned it up and no issues.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Any part on any vehicle can fail at anytime, that being said...

At the dealer I work at we havent had many issues with 2010s, a few radiators, some oil leaks (usually front cover area), one with a leaking hose on the horizontal egr cooler, and one with a messed up A/C compressor, i cant remember evrything, but nothing major yet.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
my uncle bought a 2010 about a month ago and he has 2500 miles on it already and not a problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
no problems with a 2010 yet. but i'm now up to 14 short blocks or complete engines on 08-09 trucks, i'm sure I'll have a 2010 that needs a engine before long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
no problems with a 2010 yet. but i'm now up to 14 short blocks or complete engines on 08-09 trucks, i'm sure I'll have a 2010 that needs a engine before long.
Hi...new here.

I have a 2010 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat.

What is the number one reason you have seen regarding failures? Cooling issues, fuel issues, abuse, lack of PMs, etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the #1 cause of engine damage I have seen is overfilled crankcases from a internal fuel system leak. once the oil level is overfilled the engine is overfueled from oil coming thru the crankcase vent and the charge air cooler. this then will start melting the left bank of pistons and can burn the tip off of the glow plug. also if on of the egr coolers leak it can flood the cylinders with enough coolant to hydro-lock the engine and bend connecting rods

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
2010 ccsb 3*** miles Cant remember right now...Erics tunes dpf delete and intake no problems yet!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
the #1 cause of engine damage I have seen is overfilled crankcases from a internal fuel system leak. once the oil level is overfilled the engine is overfueled from oil coming thru the crankcase vent and the charge air cooler. this then will start melting the left bank of pistons and can burn the tip off of the glow plug. also if on of the egr coolers leak it can flood the cylinders with enough coolant to hydro-lock the engine and bend connecting rods
Thanks for the quick reply.

·
What's fight club?
293 Posts
Don't have a 2010 but I also have a job 3 2008 with no issues at all. Guy down the street from me and another around the corner both have 2010's and have not had any issues with either of them.

Mine is not a daily driver but has 18,500 miles on it and to this day only been to the shop one time.. Was interior related..

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
2010 with 25,000 mi no problems with the stock components that are left

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My 2008 dually has been in twice for high pressure fuel system leaks that filled the crankcase with fuel, once for a leaking radiator, and I just took it in today for an oil leak. Has 37000 on it.

·
Banned
274 Posts
I have a 2010 f-350 and have about 3k miles on it in less then a month and it's been great. No problem what so ever.

·
daddystoy
185 Posts
I have a 2010 F250 with roughly 3500 miles and no problems. Just did DPF/CAT delete with Spartan and it runs like a top.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dieseljosh07,
What kind of gauge or sensor could be used to sense that the level of fluid in the oil pan is increasing dramatically? Would an oil pressure gauge work?

What are the symptoms of a vehicle that is starting to show signs of overfueling?

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Is this a good reason to do an oil analysis? Seems like an easy way to detect fuel in the oil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oil analysis would show the fuel dilution percentage, but if you are running 5000 miles between changes, would it be in time to prevent any potential damage if the leak were major.....???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts