Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
diesel junky
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just throwing a feeler out there if anyone is from SD on this site i am feeling like the only one.

·
diesel junky
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great to see other powerstroke guys around here! its few and far between down here in beresford. surronded by cummins and duramaxes

·
diesel junky
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
might have to do that some time. i've been busy working on my wifes new excursion.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Just moved to Sioux Falls last June.......love it here in S.D.! Can't wait for fishing and camping season to start. Usually hit West Whitlock State Park near Gettysburg in June/July and Yankton's Lewis & Clark Campground in August. Great camping up here.

Rich

·
diesel junky
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice truck! if your in the beresford area give me a shout. be nice to talk to someone about a stroker instead of all these dodges and duramaxes around here.

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Just moved to Sioux Falls last June.......love it here in S.D.! Can't wait for fishing and camping season to start. Usually hit West Whitlock State Park near Gettysburg in June/July and Yankton's Lewis & Clark Campground in August. Great camping up here.

Rich
Awesome, and welcome to SD! I live about 15 minutes from Yankton. Nice truck too, how long have you had it?

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
nice truck! if your in the beresford area give me a shout.
I sure will - you're not that far away at all.

Awesome, and welcome to SD! I live about 15 minutes from Yankton. Nice truck too, how long have you had it?
Even though we are new to Sioux Falls, my wife is from Montrose, SD so we have been coming up here every summer for the last 7 years or so to go camping with her side of the family. We bought our F-250 about 5 years ago to pull the camper when we were stationed with the Army in San Antonio and Oklahoma. Got the mod bug after about 6 months and was lucky enough to only live about an hour from Jon Faubion and Tony Wildman. So, Tony tuned the truck and Jon built up the tranny and helped me with the mods. I love towing with this setup now.

I'm sure I will run into you guys sooner or later....

We usually go camping at West Whitlock, Yankton and/or Chamberlain. Hopefully this year we'll make a run to the Black Hills again.

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
My parents and I have some good friends that live in Rapid City. I usually make it up there around the end of april and stay until the beginning of march, I go to help brand/work the cattle and sightsee. We met them back in my rodeo days, been good friends ever since. If I had a choice to live anywhere besides South Louisiana, I would have about 1k acres in rapid city/black hills with a cabin, radio and a fireplace. The most beautiful country ever, IMO. Always enjoy my trips up, so much so that I've thought about staying more than once. South La is my home though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
im from spearfish sd. going to school in dever colorado right now. cant wait to move back

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Very cool - more folks from South Dakota on PSN than I realized.

I love going out to Custer State Park in the Black Hills or the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation and watch the buffalo herd.

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
great to see other powerstroke guys around here! its few and far between down here in beresford. surronded by cummins and duramaxes
I have been working around the Beresford area, and I can see how you would feel out numberd by the Cummins.

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
I have been working around the Beresford area, and I can see how you would feel out numberd by the Cummins.
I know how both of you feel. I thought I was crazy, everybody and their brother drives a dodge in RC. Although, while I was there last year, there was one hand { can't remember his name } who had a job 1 6.4 with a dashdaq/250 tune, intake and exhaust. We were talking trucks in deadwood and he came rolling by loaded down. I looked over at my friend and asked if they had run yet. He looked down and said yeah, I have, along with everybody else. Nobody wants to run him anymore though, that's a stout powerstroke.... I fell over laughing, they didn't think it was as funny as I did though.

·
diesel junky
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i had to go buy an excursion so there was at least two 7.3s around town

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Beresford is only about 40 miles south of Sioux Falls right?

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Well, I have the Auto Enginuity software on my laptop - so if anyone needs to scan for engine codes, run a diagnostic check or do some datalogging feel free to give me a shout..........:cool:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts