Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, I know most of the guys there. They treat me pretty good. I bought a 2003 1 ton with 130,000 on it last year and it needed some attention, it runs like new since the guys there worked on it..

·
Registered
44 Posts
ANOTHAH MAINAH HEAH! from Dayton,@15 min from OOB,hey DOAKSTER,lovin the 8N with tracks,my grandfather had a couple of those all restored we used to use in the woods,first thing i ever drove.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
ANOTHAH MAINAH HEAH! from Dayton,@15 min from OOB,hey DOAKSTER,lovin the 8N with tracks,my grandfather had a couple of those all restored we used to use in the woods,first thing i ever drove.
It's a nice little rig. I have skidder chains on it right now. Pretty tough tractor. I've had it split in half once to rebuild the hydraulics, have to do the trans and motor at some point. Plus this one has a sherman transmission, it will do over 30mph, it's pretty scary at that speed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
atsah

I use cen-pe-co 15/40 para-synthitic. It will make a world of difference on weather it will start or not on the cold days. This year I am going to try the Rotella 15/40 para-synthic. Buddy runs it in his Cummins and loves it.

Doakster

I love those tracks, I have a set for my Cub. Pretty neat and fun.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
atsah

I use cen-pe-co 15/40 para-synthitic. It will make a world of difference on weather it will start or not on the cold days. This year I am going to try the Rotella 15/40 para-synthic. Buddy runs it in his Cummins and loves it.

Doakster

I love those tracks, I have a set for my Cub. Pretty neat and fun.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Check out this page. Arps Half tracks pictures by dirtdevil919 - Photobucket Cubs are my second hobby.
Awesome little tractor....what rear tires do you run?

I've had some real trouble getting my track to "track" on the rear tires due to my tread pattern. they are both an R1 pattern but the tracks don't like their spacing.

I've tried to tweak every setting on my idler arms to get them to track right but just can't seem to do it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yeah,. It sucks that Hights took them over. BUt atleast, Adam Friend is still there.
What garage are you guys talking about?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks, Grampy bought that one new in '56. I'm the second owner of that one. I am running 8.3-24 R-1 ags for tires should be 9.?-24. I haven't had any issues with tracking. I wonder if there a little to long (worn in)?? What size tires are you running and how wide is the track 13" or more? Also wonder if something isn't worn on your boogies?

Awesome little tractor....what rear tires do you run?

I've had some real trouble getting my track to "track" on the rear tires due to my tread pattern. they are both an R1 pattern but the tracks don't like their spacing.

I've tried to tweak every setting on my idler arms to get them to track right but just can't seem to do it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thanks, Grampy bought that one new in '56. I'm the second owner of that one. I am running 8.3-24 R-1 ags for tires should be 9.?-24. I haven't had any issues with tracking. I wonder if there a little to long (worn in)?? What size tires are you running and how wide is the track 13" or more? Also wonder if something isn't worn on your boogies?
The rears are 11.2 x 28, the standard 8N tires, but they are two different manufactures, both tires are pretty much new, both have an R1 pattern, but the spacing is a little different. Some people think all R1s are the same, but that's not the case.

I can watch the little tabs on the underside of the tracks ride up on the treads and then it starts to track off, i know it sounds weird.

Nothing is really warn on the boogies, the boogy tires are a little warn but not bad, I just think the tracks don't like the spacing of my R1 pattern.

If you want I have the complete ARP track manual in PDF form, PM me your email address and I can send it to you if you would like.

What tire manufacture do you have on the rears?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm Dave from Franklin,Me. Born and raised the next town over Eastbrook. I have an '08 550 with a 5-yrd dump with the 6.4 . I've only got 3300 miles so far, I'll change the oil at 5K with Delvac 1300 non-syn and at 10K I'll be switching to full syn. Delvac 1 by Mobil. I think it's the best oil to use, I run it in all of my other diesels (2-tractors and a power unit) and have never had a problem. All of the Construction companies around here with Heavy equipment run Delvac 1 at least in the winter for easy starts and less engine wear.

David

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm Dave from Franklin,Me. Born and raised the next town over Eastbrook. I have an '08 550 with a 5-yrd dump with the 6.4 . I've only got 3300 miles so far, I'll change the oil at 5K with Delvac 1300 non-syn and at 10K I'll be switching to full syn. Delvac 1 by Mobil. I think it's the best oil to use, I run it in all of my other diesels (2-tractors and a power unit) and have never had a problem. All of the Construction companies around here with Heavy equipment run Delvac 1 at least in the winter for easy starts and less engine wear.

David
My father is looking to buy a truck similiar to yours. Where'd you buy it? My father lives near Augusta and never seems to be anything for sale in that area.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My father is looking to buy a truck similiar to yours. Where'd you buy it? My father lives near Augusta and never seems to be anything for sale in that area.
Where around Augusta does he live? i grew up in Augusta and am down there regularly.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Where around Augusta does he live? i grew up in Augusta and am down there regularly.
Last time I was at Hight Ford in Skowhegan they had a couple there..
Smithfield is about the same distance to Skowhegan as it to Augusta..

21 - 40 of 46 Posts