Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
are you??

I am not but from SE MA right near the RI border. Dad has a house up in Caribou, ME though for snowmobiling :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dad has a house up in Caribou, ME though for snowmobiling :D
He said Maine, not that place up there by canada. LOL Caribou is about as far north in maine you can get, drive another 15 minutes and your up in ft kent. LOL

Unfortunately, I have to go up there occasionally for work. :doh:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I'm in Maine. I lived on the RI borded in MA up until three years ago.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean when you say Unfortunately? Life is good here. Cold in the winter but snowmobiling is awsome and no nobody bothers anyone. Drive down town with the ATV and gas up, Sheriff's just wave no problem. Not like MA and other places. Cheap to live here also. Hunt ,fish, atv, snowmobile can't beat it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Not sure what you mean when you say Unfortunately? Life is good here. Cold in the winter but snowmobiling is awsome and no nobody bothers anyone. Drive down town with the ATV and gas up, Sheriff's just wave no problem. Not like MA and other places. Cheap to live here also. Hunt ,fish, atv, snowmobile can't beat it.
So, tell me what else is up there? Besides growing potatoes, blueberries, cutting trees, and growin pot, there's nothing else up there.

Plenty to do for recreational purposes, but not much for work.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
He said Maine, not that place up there by canada. LOL Caribou is about as far north in maine you can get, drive another 15 minutes and your up in ft kent. LOL
Exactly lol, Either from The County, or from downstate.

Its only an 8hour drive from house to house so not too bad LOL Dad is actually up there right now for the weekend. Him and his buddy are doing some work on their houses I think.

Can get some good breakfast by sled in Ft Kent lol Oh and I probably should have been more specific, the house is NORTH of Caribou LOL its in the small organized territory (too little population to even be a town LOL) they call Conner right on Rt 1

I agree not much for work to be done up there but for sledding it can't be beat and pretty much all the people are good honest folk which is pretty hard to find down here or in much else of New England.

Ya I'm in Maine. I lived on the RI borded in MA up until three years ago.
By what you were saying sounds like you from way up North as well. Whereabouts in Maine are ya from, I always see a bunch of Super Duties when we go up North.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Skowhegan area. About 4 hours from Woonsocket RI. Your right there is not much in the way work up here. I'm a skidder operator for 6 months then 6 months off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lived in Brunswick for 15 years. I loved it and the wife hated it,that's why I'm in Virginia now! The last 3 years were up at Rangely...gods country.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There is only a few boys from Maine on here, and a few that posts regularly.

I've lived in just about every corner of the state, I'm up North now around Lincoln. What 01 says is pretty much true, but don't forget the meth labsLOL.

Also might want to have the mods move this to general discussion or Northeast section

So, tell me what else is up there? Besides growing potatoes, blueberries, cutting trees, and growin pot, there's nothing else up there.

Plenty to do for recreational purposes, but not much for work.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just was wondering what oil you use up here in the winter. I use 15-40 spring summer and fall. I'm thinking maybe using Ford 5-40 syn when it gets really cold.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Without a doubt, go with synthetic 5W-40, it is a night and day difference between cranking speed and how smooth the engine runs.

If you have a 6.0 people swear rotella synthetic will ruin your injectors, but valvoline synthetic is great stuff to run in a 6.0.

For a 7.3 is doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been using the Ford 15-40 since new. Seems to be fine. What do you think about running the syn 5-40 year round up here?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
5W-40 is perfect for all around up here, you'll notice the difference immensely in the winter, perfectly safe for all year use. I will always be using 5W-40 year round

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I'm going to switch to the 5-40 Ford stuff year round. I'm going to continue changing it out at 5000. Thanks for your input..

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I think I'm going to switch to the 5-40 Ford stuff year round. I'm going to continue changing it out at 5000. Thanks for your input..
I believe that is what was used last time it was changed. That was at the Ford Garage in Skowhegan. I have bought alot of vehicles from them. You originally from Skowhegan? I used to chum around with a few people in SkowVegas.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in North Anson. I go to the Ford Garage and get my stuff done. They have a couple of good stroke guys there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts