Registered
124 Posts
I don't think that one works too well....... :D :poke:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that one works too well....... :D :poke:
ya idk what happen to them there was 2 broke just like that 5 and 7 what would have caused that

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
What is that a "split shot" 6.0 injector???:doh: That sucks right there. No I havent seen one do that. Guess I have now. What where the circumstances behind the failure? Is it oem or built?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is that a "split shot" 6.0 injector???:doh: That sucks right there. No I havent seen one do that. Guess I have now. What where the circumstances behind the failure? Is it oem or built?
that was a stock 6.0 injector and 2 of them did it no clue how it happened i am going to take it to ford a c what they say haha

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Had to have over torqued those torq bolts that hold the tops on. I have no clue man. It's not like it would get slack in there. Oil rails press into the tops. When you find out, let us know.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had to have over torqued those torq bolts that hold the tops on. I have no clue man. It's not like it would get slack in there. Oil rails press into the tops. When you find out, let us know.
will do i got some new injectors in there now and that is y she just died on the road and wouldnt start

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I would say it did. What's getting me is that 2 of them did it. What's the chances of that.

On edit: They where on the same bank. Are they the original injectors?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya same bank and ya they have 100000 on them injectors went out at 60 first time

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a kid on my facebook said a rockarm jumped and broke it or something but then y would there be 2 broken ones

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Do you have a broken/ bent rocker arm? Ball bearing floating around out of place?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
a kid on my facebook said a rockarm jumped and broke it or something but then y would there be 2 broken ones
A kid on facebook LOLLOL.

If the rocker arm and pushrod are still in Place then no it couldn't have happend.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A kid on facebook LOLLOL.

If the rocker arm and pushrod are still in Place then no it couldn't have happend.
they are and its running just drove it

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would lean towards a defect in the assebly of the injector or its parts.
i was thinking the same thing maybe ford will give me some money for them haha

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
dang that sure sucks.

When I sat in on a little power stroke seminar at a dealership the guy was mentioning that an injector getting zero fuel pressure and experiences a dry fire then when the plunger bottoms out without any fuel it will blow the top off the injector. Seemed a few of the techs a the seminar had found injectors like this before.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts