Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat in a C4500 with air seats today and man....were those things nice...I have a possible business deal coming up that may have me driving/towing a fair amount ....and I've never been overly impressed with my stock Lariot seats for more than a 5 or 6 hour drive....I find 10+ hours pretty hard on my back...so I was looking at some air ride seat and mounts on the web.....look pretty nice.anyone ever done this swap?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,478 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have been researching air ride seats for over 2 years. National seems to be the company that makes seats and air ride pedistals. I was told these pedistals do not work on the OEM seats and see it says that on this web site as well. I believe they work with the National seats.
Let us know if they do work. I was going to get the eitire seat package a year ago but could not find anyone that has put them in. Actually I found 1 person that said they set too high in the cab as he was over 6 feet tall.
That is all I kwno and look forward to hearing your findings.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
wonderr if you can use the power adjusters , seems like they are part of the seat bracket that gets replaced ....so I am assuming no.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I've been lookinga at this for awhile to! I want a set in my truck for my trips. Just don't like the cost!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Here's a link to a nice truck seat made by national @ Durham Seating Co

I'm definitely interested in this thread due to a back condition I have. An Air ride seat is exactly what I need! I thought about this since I first bought my 2001 2 years ago but didn't think it was possible in a truck, lol. If I'd known it was I'd have already done it:doh:

·
Registered
987 Posts
They are very costly but I am sure worth it for the ride. However National has never been able to gaurantee to me they will actually fit in our trucks. So here I sit. Still cannot find anyone that has done this. Perhaps larrym will come back and let us know.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
theres gotta be something for us out there becasue i sat in a 650 that was getting work done at my dads work and it had an air ride seat, and beings at how the cabs are the same i would thing that whatever the 650 people use should work for us also

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
:stupid:
yep, sounds lagitimate to me!

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
yea i dunno those national seats look nothing like whats in that truck, the ones in the truck look just like the seats in our 07 350, at least from the back..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts