Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin on info to build a dt530 for a pulling motor for my obs....horsepower, torque, costs, ect ect ect????

·
Billy Big Rigger
288 Posts
Where are you pulling that they let you use an engine that did not come in your truck originally?

The first question, Is it an E motor or mechanical? The mechanical engines are pretty much like a big 5.9 Cummins 12 valve, and most of the stuff works the same way. E motors use HEUI injectors just like 7.3's, so you'd look for 400/400 injectors, some sort of hpop and a fuel delivery system to keep up, find some custom head studs, some big turbos, and find what breaks, i don't know if the early 530 ecm's accept a 6 position chip like the 466's do. If i was doing a swap I'd do the 466 mechanical, everything you can imagine has been done with them and been built for 4000 hp on alcohol..it

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
def. mechical......I just think it would be awesome to build one for a 2.6 pullin truck

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
You can pull with a truck with a motor in it that wasn't an option. You have to run in either open or unlimited. Only bad part is that those pulls usually start around midnight or don't run at all around here because it gets too late.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so how do fords with 12 valves pull in the 2.6 class?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
im saying open or unlimited like same class as the triple turbo fummins we have around. i just forget which class that is. i didn't say it was 2.6 though. just defending myself. youd have to read the rules

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok...well Im not asking or going to argue with you about rules across the country...Im asking if anyone has built a dt530 or 466, but thanks for your imput!

·
Billy Big Rigger
288 Posts
There's a regular cab obs with a 466 built for pulling, dont know if hes on here though.Theres

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Theres? haha it musta cut ya off!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts