Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck has HORRIBLE power steering and ive heard these trucks have hard power steering but i mean i cant even turn the wheel if im not rolling, and even if i am rolling slowly theirs still nothing there. ive checked my fluid and its up and my brakes have plenty of vacuum, when i shut the truck off i can feel the vacuum in the pedal bleed down so i know the ps pump isnt completely shot. any thoughts? different fluid? or is this just something i have to live with. i miss my idi, the truck had 35's on it and i could spin the wheel with a toothpick. any thoughts would be great, thanks!

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome ill give it a shot, thankyou!

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Give the truck the flush with Mobile1 first. It helped some on mine. The big effect on mine came from replacing the steering gear with a Redhead unit after trying three ford gears. I can turn it with one finger now and the truck steers like it has a rack. The ford gears have been garbage for me sence the truck was new.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Flush it. Could be someone put PS fluid in there instead for ATF.

·
Registered
133 Posts
my truck has HORRIBLE power steering and ive heard these trucks have hard power steering but i mean i cant even turn the wheel if im not rolling, and even if i am rolling slowly theirs still nothing there. ive checked my fluid and its up and my brakes have plenty of vacuum, when i shut the truck off i can feel the vacuum in the pedal bleed down so i know the ps pump isnt completely shot. any thoughts? different fluid? or is this just something i have to live with. i miss my idi, the truck had 35's on it and i could spin the wheel with a toothpick. any thoughts would be great, thanks!
Call Kelvin Johnson at PSC Motorsports 817 270-0102. These trucks seem to be hit or miss on the steering. Some trucks turn and some dont. I have replaced the PS pumps and the box and it still wont turn at Idle. I have just ordered the Hydro assist kit from PSC as this looks like the only sure fire way to fix the problem.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.