Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live out in the country, and the lights on my 05’ F250 are pretty crummy (especially when I’m driving home at night and need to watch for deer)…..so I decided to install a 32” LED Light bar on my truck. We put one on my wives SUV last year, and when you turn it on….it’s like turning on the sun, not joking!

I’m hoping this one will work well…..for $45 off of Amazon, I’m not expecting too much….but the one on my wife’s SUV was also a cheap Amazon one, and it’s been great.

Having the upfitter switches made installation a snap…..from start to finish it took me bout 45min…..30min of that was pulling off the grill and mounting the light. The rest way easy.

Anyone have one installed like this? The one thing I’m worried about it blocking off some of the airflow to the radiator…….not sure if that would really affect the ECT’s much or not. I’ve seen lots of other trucks do it like this…so I’m assuming it should be ok. I just didn’t one a big goofy LEF bar mounting above my windshield….just looks strange, I think mounting it in the grill looks a little “cleaner”.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I dont think it blocks enoigh air to make a noticable difference and it looks much better than being mounted above the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it blocks enoigh air to make a noticable difference and it looks much better than being mounted above the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's my thoughts also.....I don't like the big ugly bars mounted above the windshield. I will have to see about the air flow....I should know the next time I tow something. But I don't think it will make much difference either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think it will matter much either. DEFINITELY looks much better than mounted above the cab. I have a buddy with a cab-mounted light bar and it reflects off the dash - very annoying. Great looking setup!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow that looks great - can you explain how you wired to the uplifter switches? Great job!!
My up fitter switch wires come out in the engine compartment, right around the degas tank. I just found the lead for the switch I wanted to hook it to, and I ran the wire from the relay that came in the lightbar wiring harness, and BAM!....turn on the uplifter switch, and the light bar lights up. Piece of cake....those uplifter switches make things easy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts