Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to the forum....'07 F350 6.0 6spd just hit 76k miles. Bought the truck this past April, been running fine but recently started making a funny noise. Truck will start a little rough in the morning, then I'll drive to the store, shut it down, 20-30 minutes later come back and fire it up but when I drive away, it makes a really weird noise through the top end of 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Sounds like someone is blowing a harmonica under my hood. Local shop wants like $150 just to look at it and keep it over night. Its probably the best option but figured I would try this first.
Couldn't upload a video on here so here's the link to the video and it won't let me put in a link since this is my first post so if you want the link or think you've experienced something similar message me and I'll send it to you.

Let me know what you guys think! A coworker things it could be an intercooler boot or a crack in the pipe the trouble is the truck doesn't always make the noise...maybe the turbo needs a cleaning? Any help is appreciated...

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
check ur manifolds had a guy in our shop the other day with a similar noise. and the pass side manifold was leaking at the block.

"Y'all have a wonderful"
"My name is Bob the guy floating in the lake with no arms and no legs"
TSGT Bob W Martin USAF 1948-2014

1 - 3 of 3 Posts