Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys......
I want to do the High Idle Mod on my 04' 6.0. I think it would be a great feature to have, especially during coolant flushes.
I found the link and you tube video, however, my inquiry is.....
When looking for the White/blue striped wire, above the OBDII plug, I found that, it seems, one end was connected to the accelerator pedal electronic box and the other end seems to be connected somewhere up in the dash. To my understanding, from the video, one end of this wire is supposed to be open/not connected. Am I wrong about that? If so, would I just leave it be and splice into it to connect the switch?
Found the other wire just fine and it was not connected to anything so, no worries there.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Yeah read some write ups the info is there, I did men for our brutal winters and love it. Simple easy to do, hardest part was locating the wire bundle. If you're finding a single wire you're probably on the wrong one. I have done my truck and afew friends as well. You should find a bundle of wires that are blunt ended, that bundle is where you will find the wire your looking for. It's been my experience that you should be looking more above the parking brake in that area.

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
I did it, only really used it on coolant flushes. Works great. Hooked it up to my upfitters. Been a while, just like Wyo said it's with a group of wires that is blunt ended. Been a while so I can't remember...lol.

·
Spooling
10 Posts
I just did this yesterday, really easy and glad I did. There are 2 different ways to achieve the high idle mod, just depends which better suites your needs. Anyways this is the best write up I found. I followed it to the tee, except I used a 3" wire and another butt connector (you'll understand after reading the write up). Check out the link
http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?%2705-%2706%20High%20Idle

·
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the wiring I needed and completed the mod over the weekend. The wire, that was supposed to be 2" above the OBDII plug, ended up being farther up and more toward the center of the dash. Only got lucky in noticing it. In any case, Hooked to a lit rocker (drilling into the dash hurt) and ground out. Works Perfectly! I love it! Truck takes half the time to warm to NOTs in the morning and will be great for winter and coolant flushes. Now.....Memorial day weekend, Time to tear the motor down and replace problematic components before they become (more) problematic. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
LOL

I didn't even notice that until you reported. I'm guessing he didn't notice either....funny how one wrong letter makes an entire sentence mean something sooooo much different!

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Well ####. LoL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts