Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my first oil analysis through Blackstone labs. Anyone else ever do em? I'm impressed with the time frame from sending sample to getting results. I like that they will keep track of all numbers and average them for my vehicle then compare them to my next analysis. Plus, they average all other engines that are the same as yours so you can see how yours is doing compared to the rest of the ones they do. I think I'm going to continue to use them and see if i can extend my oil change interval a little (have a bypass filter installed now). Any stories to share regarding fluid analysis?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I use them all the time
I get the 35.00 report and it cost me 10 bucks to send it in
I only test at 5000 when i am changing oil to see whats going on

even though I run a 2 micron bypass extended oil changes does not interest me

but they always have a suggestion on how much longer I could run

they are also pretty sharp I forgot to tell them i had added Archoil to my oil but they told Me about it LOL

they also will interact via email if you have a question

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either you're post stalking me or you have nothing better to do than reply to all of my posts. lol Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers did you get for the archoil? I was showing 1106 potassium and 972 boron. This was added in the appropriate ratio and after almost 5000 miles I would have thought it wouldn't be so high considering 11 and 64 respectively are what the non-archoil engines show.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
following you ?

I know what the hell LOL

I will dig up the report but they said all the additives like that skyrocket certain #'s
EDIT
Boron 1125 normal 42
PoT 1266 normal 1

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd be interested on doing this with oil. My rig has 570k miles on it, so I'd like to see how it stacks up with the younger engines.

·
Registered
626 Posts
yup I use them about every third oil change....I have a sample in my truck that needs to be mailed off.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be interested on doing this with oil. My rig has 570k miles on it, so I'd like to see how it stacks up with the younger engines.
Their sample kit is free and instructions are simple. Cost is 25 for basic and 35 with the TBN which is the total additive package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts