Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did, seams like my only choice is ford :shrug: anyone got any other ideas? I like the switch on the fly but i cant have a hub breaking while im sled pulling or at the track....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Im pretty sure Warn makes some.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the dyna tracs are to go to the old style wheel bearing hubs ect, I just pulled my hubs out and they are both trash, I usually try to lock the hubs in manually but i dont always do that when i need four wheel drive for a couple feet, but at any rate they are junk...

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
i ran into a hub problem way back on my 450. that o-ring crap sucks. if and when you install new hubs pack them with grease. sounds pointless, but they will runn cooler and most definately won't take a dump on you. again. whatever you do DON'T buy them from a parts house.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Yup...so far no one makes an upgraded replacement hub for 05+....

I'm currently installing a Dynatrac Free spin kit and new Dynatrac ball joints on my 05,..but they don't make anything yet for yours.

FYI- Warn makes the stock ones that comes on Ford.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy crap dustin, what did you do bud?
i was going to say to hit up that one guy piecing out the truck.
Not sure to be honest they worked last week when it snowed, then yesterday I heard a couple clunks before and after work, then last night I had nothing I don't think they engauged fully and something let loose

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well that sucks that no one makes any aftermarket replacements. I am going to rip mine out and repack them before I go wheeling next month.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
if ford is expensive i would say try ebay

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Locking them in is probably best, but at the least, when you put it in 4x4 you might want to try backing up or putting the truck in neutral. I know you probably know all of this, but it's worth trying if it helps keep the hubs alive.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone know if they make a billet hub replacement that would just slide in and make the hub locked all the time? I would love to have something like that for sled pulls and drag racing, and then run the regular hubs for the snow ect. Changing them would take all of 5 min.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts