1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BLCKOUT
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I bought a set of the 05 headlights not the harley from them. I have not installed yet, but look like good quality

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Not from that seller.

But I bought an aftermarket set of ebay for the same price for my 07......made by eagle eyes or angel eyes.

They fit like OEM and IMO, light up better.

On difference between them and the OEM ones on my 01 is the rigidity of the lens (and I only found that out trying to push and flex each one for some reason).

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
On difference between them and the OEM ones on my 01 is the rigidity of the lens (and I only found that out trying to push and flex each one for some reason).
So your saying the aftermarket set you bought, flexes when you push on the front clear palstic pc?

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
Ok, but that seems weird that they flex. I guess I'm used to my stock headlights, they seem like they are a 1/4in thick.

I was told that these 2005 style headlights use the H13 bulbs, which is close in output and color to a true HID. Is this correct or do you have to buy a different harness and is the light output a lot better or just a little compared to the 2003 clear headlights?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Ok, but that seems weird that they flex. I guess I'm used to my stock headlights, they seem like they are a 1/4in thick.

I was told that these 2005 style headlights use the H13 bulbs, which is close in output and color to a true HID. Is this correct or do you have to buy a different harness and is the light output a lot better or just a little compared to the 2003 clear headlights?
I thought it was weird that they flexed, that's why I tried to flex my OEMs from Ford....and they flexed too.

They do use H13s, I used a dfuser harness to wire them up (plug and play with the 9007 pigtails from a 99-04 truck).

And yeah, IMO they do light up better than the clear 02-04 lights. Don't remember how much better.....haven't driven the 04 at night in over a year.

·
South Atlanta white trash
495 Posts
They look good to me. I have a set of 03' headlight and corners off Ebay. Been onmy truck for 2 years, I just wax them when I wax my truck to keep them from "yellowing".

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
They do use H13s, I used a dfuser harness to wire them up (plug and play with the 9007 pigtails from a 99-04 truck).
what does it mean when they say, "does not owrk with daytime running lights"? I have been wanting to convert headlights and run this harness but I am not sure what they mean by that.

Thanks
~Jim

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
the canadian trucks and possibly some cali trucks run a different harness.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I wonder if you could just use the Ford pigtails with DRLs?

It's just a plug with 3 wires coming out of it that you splice into your stock harness.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Imo the head lights in my 02 where a lot brighter than my 06. I had silverstars in both and I have never been happy with the 06 headlights. The 02 I almost never had to use the highbeams just low and driving lights the 06 I have to use the highbeams alot and my driving lights are wired to the upfitter so thay are always on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts