Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here ever bedlined their oil pan mines got a few spots of rust and I go through alot of feilds with corn stalks so I was thinking maybe bedliner would be a good idea for it but I dont know if it would hold in more heat and make my oil temps go through the roof. Any input?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thats a great Idea! my has rust on it and I think I am going to do that! Its shouldnt hold that much heat!

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Why insulate something that needs to shed heat ?

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
Powerstrokejunkie line-x his, I think the coating was 1/16 or 1/8" but dont quote me on that.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
yea, powerstrokejunkie has his line-x'd, but right now he's also fighting oil temperature issues, soooo, something to think about

·
Registered
545 Posts
My thing is.....if anything happens to that damm pan I have to pull the freeking motor to replace it. ANYTHING that will help me keep from doing that I'm signing up for!!!!! :D

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
POR-15 it and your good to go for life.

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
I would clean it up prime it with an epoxy based primer and paint it with some stainless steel spray paint. I have some that's over 90% SS flake (Semore). From there paint it with a good epoxy based paint like por15. Should give you more than a few years of good service.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I was wondering about the oil temps since beliner acts like such an insulator but isnt por15 really think chit to?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Anyone have any idea of what the stock stuff that cracks and peels off is? Mine is literally falling off of the oilpan. Should I scrape it down and prime/paint it again?

·
The Sound Of Madness
956 Posts
wire brush the pan and put a few coats of POR-15 on and you'll never have to worrie about it again.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Powdercoat it! Will last almost forever.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Don't insulate your pan. That means no bedliner, no powdercoat, just use good ole regular paint. Clean it good, use a good degreaser, prime it, paint it, repeat when necessary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts