Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking aboout picking up some 35/12.5/18 m/t's and a 2-2.5 inch level kit. So far I am set on the Toyo's. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I ran 38s and 40s. Good tires.

For a very comparable tire in quality and performance for a cheaper price, Kuhmo M/Ts.....they are directional tires though.

My favorite/best riding tire is my current dick cepek mud country tires, but they do make more road noise than Toyos and Kuhmos.
I also really like the Mickey Thompson MTZ.....I may run them next on my 07 in a 325/60R18

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
love my toyo's
have over 20k on them and still have plenty of tread
great in the snow so far havent hit ice with them yet

really quiet compared to my old mickey thomposons MTZ (hated them)

im getting a set for my wifes truck as soon as i get the $$

if you have any more ???'s let me know

Ryan

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
had both mtz on my wifes old trk
mtz on mine

mtz is a worth less peice for a 250 imho

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Damn, they are made out of the same mold as the DC Muds and I love my tires. Know some guys with the MTZs who love them as well.

If the MTZ would have been in stock when I needed new tires I would have gone with them, they look mean.

Never known anyone who ran the MTX in a SD though.

Toyos are good tires though.
I finally switched since I needed new tires and everyone has the Toyos it seems.

·
Banned
780 Posts
I LOVE MY TOYOS!!!! joe csipsd is running them and his wifes X is running them too and so far not a single complaint!!!!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
im getting ready fpo my 3rd set of 317/75/16's, first two over 50k each set.
dont know about the previous tires posted, but i bet they dont have the same carry capacity of the Toyo's, i know BFG'S dont. 16's at least not sure about 18's

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Check out the Interco TrXus MTs
Thats what I've decided on

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
And fishinfool.......those arent the MTZs on your truck in your pics. The new MTZs are sick.....Just a little outa my price range

·
Registered
275 Posts
Bought some used 315-75-16 m/t's very recently and have to say I like them so far. I had DC FCII before but needed an E rated tire for towing.

We'll see if I can tell a difference from D to E rated while in motion.

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
And fishinfool.......those arent the MTZs on your truck in your pics. The new MTZs are sick.....Just a little outa my price range

were not on my trk were on the wifes old 250 sold it though

they are sick loud as hell but sick (ohh and soft) over all they were a good tire

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
were not on my trk were on the wifes old 250 sold it though

they are sick loud as hell but sick (ohh and soft) over all they were a good tire
My bad man. Either or....I've herd good things ?????
Was even considering trying them...Except for the price

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Way too soft
Meh !!!!
Soft compounds work up here........Always wet...lots of rocks and roots so for me.... They work

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Yes I found that out.....The Mickeys MTZ were 460 a tire and the TrXus MTs were 300.......

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Yes I found that out.....The Mickeys MTZ were 460 a tire and the TrXus MTs were 300.......
Yes but if you have to run two sets in the time one set of Toyo's go... Hummmmmm Your loosing money...

As far as Mine, first set when just shy of 70k... there still sitting out side the shop... didnt have the heart to part with them...

This set has about 40k on them and are still about 50% or so...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts