Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Powerstroke Fanatic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at installing a slip tank in the bed of my truck and piping it into the main tank but would like to install a fue filter between the two tanks. Anybody recommend an inline filter or spin on filter assembly that would still flow with only a gravity feed?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I run one with a 3/8" ID line and clear plastic canister inline filter and it works well. Plumbed into the front elbow on my OBS front tank. Think it's a G32 gas inline disposable filter and it works well in filtering out water and other keerap.

jrc

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Looking at installing a slip tank in the bed of my truck and piping it into the main tank but would like to install a fue filter between the two tanks. Anybody recommend an inline filter or spin on filter assembly that would still flow with only a gravity feed?
They all will, obviously the tighter the filter, the slow it will drain. Are you looking for high level filtration or just a rock catcher. If your going for the later something like the Wix 33033 works fine.

·
Powerstroke Fanatic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't need to be a high level of filtration as their is 2 more downstream of the main tank. But just something to keep any material that might be left from the construction of the tank or that settles out during normal use.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Then anything that cross references to that wix should do the trick.

·
Powerstroke Fanatic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I looked up those Wix filters, forgot about those. The boat actually uses that 33033 for the fuel filter. No reason not to use them with diesel fuel? Tried 'googling' that G32 inline filter but nothing really came up

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Sorry Dieslnevan2009, that would be Fram G3 inline gas line filter. Works well on my system, simple, easy to install, monitor and it does a good job of filtering.

jrc

·
Powerstroke Fanatic
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Dieslnevan2009, that would be Fram G3 inline gas line filter. Works well on my system, simple, easy to install, monitor and it does a good job of filtering.

jrc
Ahhh... now I found it on google. Thanks JCART, I like that you can see through that one!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Ahhh... now I found it on google. Thanks JCART, I like that you can see through that one!
I tried steal FMCo version at one time but like the see through as it will catch water which you can readily see in there. They are inexpensive and I usually pack a spare. I've found that my system does not overflow out the filler (stock) tank neck and only on very rare occasion when both stock front and auxilliary are totally full on hot summer day front end down just slightly it will leak just a bit out the front tank vent.
I really like this mod and provides significant range as I now can pack 405 litres total or 105 US gallons.

jrc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts