Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you guys have made a Gooseneck trailer from a Mobile Home.
I have a 1974 14x70' house trailer that needs demolished. The frame of the trailer is about 8' wide.
I was thinking about 18-24' Gooseneck. Might be more trouble than it's worth.
Any suggestions would ge great, Thanks

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
its easy, just make sure you brace everything up good, the one we did flexes a lil to much for my liking but works great, we will be building a 12 bale trailer b4 to long that will dump a single bale at a time or all 12, making it out of a trailer house frame as well

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
So does anyone have particular specs on the gooseneck - i.e. height, length, specifics on the hitch mounting, etc. Would be handy info for folks to know.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
So does anyone have particular specs on the gooseneck - i.e. height, length, specifics on the hitch mounting, etc. Would be handy info for folks to know.
i'll see if i can get the ol' man to go measure for me, its all guna depend on the axle setup to, ours has triples with bud wheels

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
The problem with that is there isn't really a standard, every manufacturer is a little bit different. And most people that inquire about making their own or ordering one want a one off custom trailer to clear for a lift, for example.

Using an old mobile home frame should be rather straight forward. Like fordfreak said though, make sure it's properly braced. Most mobile home bracing is minimal, as they have an entire structure evenly spread over them. And axle placement will depend on the length of the trailer, and how many axles you plan on running. In case you hadn't thought of it, throwing a dove tail on the back of the frame would be really easy to depending on what you want to do with the trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts