Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still having issues getting the electronic shift transfer case to go into 4low after I did my cummins and manual trans conversion. Im sure its a function of the 4low safety features brake pressed, trans in neutral or park but since the 5r is all electronic, I cant seem o figure out which wires need to be looped to trick it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You can figure it out from the shop manual.

However, if you put the shift selector arm in the park or neutral position, it will be in that gear.

If you disconnect all power to the transmission and put the shift selector arm in drive, the transmission goes into 5th IIRC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should clarify why Im asking. I removed the 6.0 and 5r and put in a 12 valve and zf6. Im trying to get the esof into 4 low. I t doesnt know its in park or neutral.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't know, do you have a wiring diagram? I would think that you bypassed the neutral safety in the trans harness, but apparently that did not do the trick, maybe it's just for the starting circuit. That is probably the case or else it would also try to shift when in park too. There must be something else too it. Sorry, mine is manual shift.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Pin 21 on the transmission range sensor should be pk/wh wire with power on it, jump that to pin 17 bk/wh wire and it should think its in park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts