Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a recall notice in the mail from ford for a speed control deactivation switch fire. What is this switch,where is it,and do i really need to take it in? Nearest ford dealer is 45 mins

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
it is a safety issue ford will check the switch for leaks if it is ok they will add an inline fuse. If the switch leaks ford will replace the switch.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok do they do it while i wait? I dont have another vehichle and if im driving 45 mins to the dealer i dont want to go home then come back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dealer did the last similar recall while I waited (at the Taco Bell across the street:rolleyes: ). It would depend on how busy they are, but I would think with a scheduled appointment they could make it a stop-and-go deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I got that in the mail the other day too

·
Registered
875 Posts
is that the recall where they run a jumper so the brake fluid can't leak into the switch?
Switch still can leak after recall. But the new fuse in jumper harness will blow instead of burning your truck to the ground if it does leak

·
Registered
708 Posts
Is this the same recall the originally came about several years ago?

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
I got the same letter for my '00 a couple days back. I got one for my '02, back in 2008 I think it was. Never took it in and had it done. Probably will take this one in though

·
Registered
264 Posts
They do re prints on the Recalls every once in a while, basically re send the recall out to the customers who may have never got the notice or maybe threw it out. Covers their A** basically.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had mine done years ago while in for an inspection sticker.

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Got mine in mail today....guess gives me opportunity. To testdrive stuff.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the result of the malfunction an unreliable cruise control? My95 stroker cruise control doesn't shut off sometimes with the off button only the brake, and even sometimes I have to really press the brakes hard. ...

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
The most undesirable result of the malfunction is your truck catches fire and burns your house down while you are sleeping.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Is the result of the malfunction an unreliable cruise control? My95 stroker cruise control doesn't shut off sometimes with the off button only the brake, and even sometimes I have to really press the brakes hard. ...
as I recall, they had said that if the master cylinder leaks, brake fluid can drip into it somehow and cause the short.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts