Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
it is a safety issue ford will check the switch for leaks if it is ok they will add an inline fuse. If the switch leaks ford will replace the switch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dealer did the last similar recall while I waited (at the Taco Bell across the street:rolleyes: ). It would depend on how busy they are, but I would think with a scheduled appointment they could make it a stop-and-go deal.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Is this the same recall the originally came about several years ago?

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
I got the same letter for my '00 a couple days back. I got one for my '02, back in 2008 I think it was. Never took it in and had it done. Probably will take this one in though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had mine done years ago while in for an inspection sticker.

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Got mine in mail today....guess gives me opportunity. To testdrive stuff.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the result of the malfunction an unreliable cruise control? My95 stroker cruise control doesn't shut off sometimes with the off button only the brake, and even sometimes I have to really press the brakes hard. ...

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
The most undesirable result of the malfunction is your truck catches fire and burns your house down while you are sleeping.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Is the result of the malfunction an unreliable cruise control? My95 stroker cruise control doesn't shut off sometimes with the off button only the brake, and even sometimes I have to really press the brakes hard. ...
as I recall, they had said that if the master cylinder leaks, brake fluid can drip into it somehow and cause the short.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts