Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are going back in tomorrow and it is impossible to get a torque wrench on the top injector hold down bolts. any good methods? Don want them to come uneated again:doh:

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
1. whack on the top of the injector with a rubber mallet, make sure to hit it as square as possible to avoid cracking the solenoid. or breaking off the spout.
2. Crank down on the bolt with a 1/4" drive socket. Get it as tight as you can using only 1 hand on the handle.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you can't get it any tighter.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
i snug up the upper bolts with a wrench then torque the lower bolts to 10ft lbs.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
You are not supposed to disturb the uppers. I torque my injector holdown bolts to 120 inch lbs. then tighten the spout.

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
As said above no need to remove the upper bolts. But if they are already out clean the holes and threads, apply red loctite and reinstall. The torque spec from Ford on both hold down bolts and the spout bolt is 108 in/lbs.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
They are going back in tomorrow and it is impossible to get a torque wrench on the top injector hold down bolts. any good methods? Don want them to come uneated again:doh:
You torque the top ones before putting the injectors in. Why would you even mess with the top bolts?

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
:whs: yes the retainer should slide up along the top bolt after the lower bolt has been removed. No need to remove them

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:whs: yes the retainer should slide up along the top bolt after the lower bolt has been removed. No need to remove them
wish i would have known this my darn haynes manual said remove both:doh: I guess i need to just get them as tight as i can on the other side and do the side with the injectores out the right way

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what about changing the cup how hard is that? I bought Jims tool

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
This is not something you want to guess at. If you don't have the proper tool, get one, it's very important as you know by now. ;)
They must be torqued to 120 inch pounds. If it's less they won't fully seat and you'll burn the copper washer out, and if it's too much, you'll squoosh the copper washer so much that the same thing will happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts