Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at aloss as to what I can do to this thing before wheels & tires..any thoughts?

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
I used T-Rex Billet side vent inserts on mine. Also bought the Billet grille and Bumper inserts.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had thought of those....also thought of some kind of paint/chrome combo. It depends. I could do an XL grille, harley paint the lights, and black wheels, which has never really been my style, or I could do nice chrome wheels...and stay with a black and chrome thing. BTW, I remember messaging you about your truc a while ago. Do you have any bigger pics of that thing? I lie the weld wheels.

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
I have bigger pics but they're too big for here and I dont know how to re-size them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to put them on a Photobucket acct.then upload the image code to a reply here. I'm sure you'd get a bunch of compliments. There aren't too many cclb's on here.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! I'm really coming around to red. I forgot, do you have any suspension mods?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
paint match them, and mask the f350 off so its chrome... im biased but thats what i like :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Removed inserts and used some Stainless steel wire.
Chief,
I'm really diggin that. maybe a combo of both. Paint the surrounds, chrome the lettering and use the chicken wire. Could you give me a better Idea of how you did that? Thank you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paint match them, and mask the f350 off so its chrome... im biased but thats what i like :D
How would I go about getting the black paint off the lettering? Acetone or something?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used napa spray gasket remover, took it right off and didnt mess up the chrome.
good to know. Once I get back from KY next weekend, I'll tear into it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went with the Billet inserts and Color Matched Inlays for the letters. Once I get the FX4 grill I think I may paint the vent shell and get Chrome Inlays with the billet insert.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If any of you guys are interested I have a bunch of wire mesh I cut to fit the vents. They are being powdercoated gloss black. Just shoot me a PM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts