Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or just anybody working in the oil/gas industry in general. Where and who do ya'll work for? I'm just starting as an Petroleum/Natural Gas Engineering intern for Halliburton in PA as I'm still in college. Just trying to see how many of ya are around!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Oh man, you engineers are popping up everywhere! I know of two petroleum engineers who are working the rigs for a year, then becoming drilling superintendants for us.

I work for Ensign USD. I have for four years now. Starting working floors worked to an RD spot. Bottom fell out, and was laid of for a few months. Started all over again with Ensign's offshore project. Then finally got an offer with our Directional Department. Jumped on. We lost a bunch of work in California, so I went over to our Top Dive Division, and here I am.

I recently applied for Halliburton, and they called yesterday and I did an interiew right there on the phone, and he wants me to come back for a second interview for an MWD operator. Hope I get it.

Thats my oilfield expirience....

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man! Halliburton seems to be a great company to work for. The first couple weeks are pretty boring with new hire orientation stuff but there is unlimited mobility in the ranks.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i've been debating on doin this, idk how my back would hold up after surgery though, anything thats extreme heavy lifting?

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About the most heavy lifting you would do would be about 100lbs. or swinging a sledgehammer. You could always hire on as a driver to reduce the lifting you would do but you probably won't be just driving truck you'd probably have to set rigs as well or help cement or something.

·
Registered
842 Posts
rigger here work from the crown to the ground and everything in between love them drilling rigs..... halliburton aint too bad but i've had to fish for a lot of there down hole mwd tools and mud motors

·
Registered
842 Posts
union drilling currently..... I have worked for ensign,pioneer,frontier,patterson

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Roughneckin' can be hard on the body if you let it. There is use for working smart on the location, use your winch lines, air tuggers and forklifts, or your worm... haha.

Im hoping Halliburton will give me something for the future. The trainee position doesnt pay worth a hill of beans, and actually I will losing a ton of money going over there for the first three months. However, afterwards I will be back on track, IF I GET HIRED.

I love the work. I ebjoy the mentality. And I cant get enough of the stereotypes. LOL.

·
Registered
842 Posts
na just put out and quit puttin on and its not hard on your body..... ha ha tuggers are a blast but catlines are even funner man I miss a spinning chain.......

·
Registered
842 Posts
sterotypes what who where LOL man they never get old FFTP

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roughneckin' can be hard on the body if you let it. There is use for working smart on the location, use your winch lines, air tuggers and forklifts, or your worm... haha.

Im hoping Halliburton will give me something for the future. The trainee position doesnt pay worth a hill of beans, and actually I will losing a ton of money going over there for the first three months. However, afterwards I will be back on track, IF I GET HIRED.

I love the work. I ebjoy the mentality. And I cant get enough of the stereotypes. LOL.
Don't know where you're from but I know up here in the northeast they're hiring like crazy. After the first six months and get your red hat you'll be golden.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts