Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Kinda new to the diesel world. I currently own a 1996 F350 7.3 TD (I had a 1997 of the same thing before but with only minor issues) I bought my truck so we could start our concrete company. It is an old tree company truck. When I bought it all it needed was new batteries. Ran and drove fine for the first 3 months. Replaced the water pump and fuel pump. About 2 months ago it we were driving down the road and it started stalling switched tanks and it ran fine for about a month on the one tank. We did a fuel treatment to it and changed the fuel filter. Now it will idle all day until it runs out of gas just fine. No issues at all when idling. How ever once you try to drive down the road it will go about a 1/4 mile and sputter and stall. It used to take a few turn overs and we would be able to gimp that little way back home. Now once it stalls there is no bringing back to life. We let it set for about a week go out put the batteries in and pray it starts. Most times it will automatically start, some times it will sputter a few times and after a few tries it will turn over and idle. But still wont drive down the road. We have no clue what is going on. Talked to a few mechanics and keep getting told many differant things. Just trying to narrow the field.

·
PSN intsigator
6,842 Posts
Welcome to the nation.

Any smoke when cranking over, what does your ICP, and IPR read, does your tach move when cranking. What is your fuel pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts