Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 inch kit with a 6 inch tip exiting behind the tire. I have become tired of the tip and kind of want a cleaner look. Was thinking of dumping the exhaust over the back axle kind of towards the ground? Anyone know anyone who has done this or heard a 7.3 with straight pipe and this set-up? Any input will be greatly appreciated as I will probably do this this weekend when I get some new hangers installed bc all of mine are broken haha.

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
Im curious about doing this as well.. The biggest potential draw back I see though is how bad would the fumes in the cab end up being..?? And the potential of coating everything underneath the truck in soot..

Would love to do it Tho!!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I've seen it a lot mostly on huge trucks. Shouldn't have too many issues with it if it dumps after the axle. Might even be a good bit louder since it will echo off the ground. I've throught about doing it on mine since its a 2 piece tailpipe where the last section clamps on right after the hump over the axle.

Your probably not going with the center discharg but here is a pic at least...

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as the soot goes I aint worried everything underneath is painted black or dirty so it will just help. I dont have lift so it may be alitte more difficult. And as said mine will be closer to the passenger rear then the middle. I am seriously thinking about doing this saturday. I may not be able to use my tip with it but oh well. Keep the pics and opinions coming guys! Thanks!

·
Banned
132 Posts
Im curious about doing this as well.. The biggest potential draw back I see though is how bad would the fumes in the cab end up being..??
Dangg it! I just got my BTM installed and the shop couldn't bend anything over 3", so I had it dumped right before the axle. They did use a part of the exhaust that had a bend to it to atleast dump it down towards the ground.

If I smell any fumes I'm gonna have to find a place that does 3 1/2". This didn't even cross my mind. :mad:

·
Banned
132 Posts
Bummer, NorCal997.3 never posted a pic. I'll post a pic of mine when we pick up the new camera today.

·
Banned
132 Posts
OK, I know it probably doesn't matter, but here's mine and I have absolutely no fumes in the cab, thank God.

Sounds mean and I def. can hear the whine of the turbo, love it!

·
Registered
329 Posts

This mostly what mine looks like.. sept mine is not tipped and points right at the ground.... I don't have much of a problem with soot, but i am stock..

After a second look, my turn down is a ton closer to the axle...

I think it sounds great, not smell in cab unless at a stop with a tailwind... cant help that

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
heres one i took of a truck that broke at one of the M.O.R.E races a few years ago, have more pics of it to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts