Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some 33'' 15.50 baja claws an they came in today an theres no way in hell there gona fit. anyone else ever put this size tire on an what did you do to pull it off. im lookin to get around liftin it to much i can't use it to work again but still look different.

·
Registered
703 Posts
cut away flares

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Leveling kit

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
cut away flares (like bushwackers) would probably be best for clearences, along with a properly sized wheel/backspace. If you dont want to cut you probably could do the leveling kit but no matter what you will need the right size/backspace wheel to keep from rubbing spring like crazy. My .02

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Whatever you do... I wanna see a picture of it with them on there!!
:whs: I was thinkin of droppin down to a 4" and some 34"-35" tires when the ones i have now are gone, but i want to see what this looks like with these wide azz tires.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same here, but it sounds like he is already running on some stock sized tires...
yeah pretty much stock 285's, an still the stock 3:73s.
what kinda back spaceing to you think ill need. i need to figure out some numbers so i can get them on. my 285's are in bad shape.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
What size wheels are you running?? If I were you, I'd buy a leveling kit. They can be had for cheap, and after that... turn back and forth and cut any offending areas away...

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Cutouts,....no lift...and 36's

I think cut-outs and 33's wouldn't look right,...tires are to tiny.

Personally,..I'd do a leveling kit, and minor trimming of the bumper...not cut-outs.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I would do like they all said, leveling kit on the front. Then just lift the front, turn the wheels and trim as needed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
see thats what i was thinkin when i ordered them. but with no air in them there the same height as my moms 35's "she has a lifted exc." an there wider than dads 37's. so i dont think the cut outs would look that bad but theres no turnin back after i do it.:confused:

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
If you don't know for sure that you want cut-outs, you need to try to fit them... Cut what you're comfortable with, and if it's still not enough, lift or get the cut-outs...

IMO, no 33 is gonna NEED cut-outs...

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Try a leveling kit first,..then minor trimming,...last resort...more lift or cut-outs.

I really think they'll look too tiny with cut-out's

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
leveling kit or 4 inches

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Width is the issue......they always look small due to how much lift you need to clear them being 15.50" wide.

You're going to need a 10" wide wheel as a minimum or a 12" wide.

Being a 99-04 you'll want 4.5" of Back Space

Even with a 4" lift you may need to trim.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Width is the issue......they always look small due to how much lift you need to clear them being 15.50" wide.

You're going to need a 10" wide wheel as a minimum or a 12" wide.

Being a 99-04 you'll want 4.5" of Back Space

Even with a 4" lift you may need to trim.
Wouldnt a 4.5 backspace rub spring pretty bad? I figured he would was like a 3.75" backspace? Not saying your wrong, I really want to know...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Wouldnt a 4.5 backspace rub spring pretty bad? I figured he would was like a 3.75" backspace? Not saying your wrong, I really want to know...
10" will rub. 12" may clear.

You can run less back space...simply increases your scrub radius and the stress on the front end components. Also makes it harder to clear the bumper and fender when turning.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts