Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there are any free custom tunes out there? ive had my sct for about a year and havent custom tuned it. im sceptical about puttin custom tunes on it. i want to try and see how i like it befor i spend money on gettin real tunes.
everone is complaining about shift points on the free ones on other poast and i got a standard so not worried about that part,

any info will help thanx guys/gals

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I understand being sceptical on putting custom tunes on your truck but these tuners try their tunes on mutiple truck so that they release the best tune for the buck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Custom tunes will be more reliable than canned tunes :ford:

·
Still learning
368 Posts
With custom tune you can work with the tuner and adjust what you need. I'm not going to put anyone on the spot but customer service is usually key. They do not want a bad repore especially with the internet. Basically just ask before you buy.

·
Registered
772 Posts
any tuner out there will work with you until you get a tune that you like... innovative, gogo or gearhead are good choices. I have tunes from all three and they all work well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
And what are you worried about shift points for you have a 6 speed. I had a 2006 6.0 6 speed dually and ran Innovative Diesel extreme street and first 2 gears you couldn't shift fast enough but it ended up needing a clutch after about 3000 miles. it just wouldn't hold the power.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
You spent the $500 on the tuner, but wont spend the other $50 for custom tunes that will make your truck run faster, better and safer? Why are you "skeptical" of custom tunes?

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
You spent the $500 on the tuner, but wont spend the other $50 for custom tunes that will make your truck run faster, better and safer? Why are you "skeptical" of custom tunes?
Cause the package said dyno tested and proven on it... Duh!

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
just wondering if there are any free custom tunes out there? ive had my sct for about a year and havent custom tuned it. im sceptical about puttin custom tunes on it. i want to try and see how i like it befor i spend money on gettin real tunes.
everone is complaining about shift points on the free ones on other poast and i got a standard so not worried about that part,

any info will help thanx guys/gals

If you can't pony up the funds for tuning then live with what you got in canned tuning. :doh: I'm sure there's plenty of aluminum cans out there....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well first off i not worried about shift points like it says,
second i just wanted to find some free ones to play with, and i not so much sceptical i worrieda bout oil pumps and clutches,
third i didnt spend 500 i spent like 300,
but thanks for the info guys

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
i've got a link to the old spartan tunes that I can send you. they're free and the Agressive Street actually rips pretty good. gotta warn you that I've heard some of the files may be corrupted but the one's for my truck ran great. sending pm...

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Does anybody have a free non-VGT turbo I can try on my truck? I know a lot of guys have switched but I don't want to sacrifice street manners. So maybe a performance company has a free upgraded turbo they could send me.

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
878 Posts
What a waste of a perfectly good tuner....You buy a tuner that is specificly made for loading custom tunes and then want to act scared to buy them...I'm think'n cheap skate.....lol Dude either buy some tunes or sell the damn thing..........

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Talk to [email protected], he let me try out one of his custom tunes before I bought his big one. I was so impressed with his entry tune that I contacted him the same day and purchased his SRL!

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
Aggie at Truck Source loaded my SCT for my 6.0 with his panty dropper tunes and I've had great results with them. As far as free tunes, just put down a little coin. The custom tunes are great and the guys at the shops deserve to be paid for what they do.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I also hear a lot of good about Chris (aggie) at TSD's tunes.

If I had a 6.0, I'd have either Chris, Matt, or GoGo tunes. Or all 3. LOL

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Go ahead and try a canned tune, some trucks dont like it what so ever. IF you wanna play you need to pay. Sorry getting tired of the lame excuse ppl trying to get away with free stuff whats the point if you get a tuner made for CUSTOM tuning. IF you didnt want custom tuning get a banks or edge junk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've got a link to the old spartan tunes that I can send you. they're free and the Agressive Street actually rips pretty good. gotta warn you that I've heard some of the files may be corrupted but the one's for my truck ran great. sending pm...
still go the link? in need bad plz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts