Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I haven't dynoed my truck in like 9 years and I'd like to see where it currently stands.

Any dyno events coming up in Texas this winter?

Thanks.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah, the Buda event was cancelled by the owner of the dyno facility because the rednecks drank, fought, and turned the roads black from burnt rubber. He didn't care about the money as he would rather charge $40K for twin Viper turbos and that sort of thing which is his primary business.

I only work like 2 miles from there but I'd rather have a group event for comparison and BSing reasons.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I would like to see wat my truck would put down too.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go find a proper load dyno and negotiate a reduced rate and get on here and arrange a dyno event pronto! Houston in the FM 1960 area is a good central meeting spot for most. A lot of people probably wouldn't make the run out to Webster so aim for a more central location.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
If you can give me a name of some to talk to and if a group of yall promise to show up so I don't end up looking like a dumbazz. I would be more than happy to talk to someone here in houston about haveing a dyno day.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
there is one in sa on the 12th of feb. Look in the south section.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
We just pulled the trigger on a DynoJet 224xlc. It will take a few weeks to be built and shipped to us, but we are hoping to have it installed up and running in house before our annual truck show. As the time gets closer ill have a better idea of how many trucks well be able to handle, and how the event will get setup exactly.

BTW, it has the dual eddy current brakes, so loading a truck will not be an issue.

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
We just pulled the trigger on a DynoJet 224xlc. It will take a few weeks to be built and shipped to us, but we are hoping to have it installed up and running in house before our annual truck show. As the time gets closer ill have a better idea of how many trucks well be able to handle, and how the event will get setup exactly.

BTW, it has the dual eddy current brakes, so loading a truck will not be an issue.
:evil:

I knew this was coming LOL

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Yah, the Buda event was cancelled by the owner of the dyno facility because the rednecks drank, fought, and turned the roads black from burnt rubber. He didn't care about the money as he would rather charge $40K for twin Viper turbos and that sort of thing which is his primary business.

I only work like 2 miles from there but I'd rather have a group event for comparison and BSing reasons.
This isn't exactly true.....

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
I think stroken' tatsch used to help run it, I've heard a few different stories about why they no longer host the event. But mainly due to the new owner?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To clarify when I swung by and asked if their were any diesel events coming up soon he said something like "Not interested, those guys were just too much trouble and someone got arrested for fighting, plus they made a mess of my shop. This stuff is more my business (points to a Viper they are working on). If you want to dyno your truck anytime I'd be happy to do it anytime, just swing on by."

He was nice as can be.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Nobody was arrested for fighting, but there was a guy arresting for drinking and acting stupid doing burnouts out by 35 and stuff, but it's a long story. Cody made a long post on it earlier this year when people were asking if we were going to do it again. I will find and post it later.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The Buda even was definately on the verge of out of control. I remember goign to the first one back in 04 or 05 i think it was.

We plan on offering dyno events once we get it up and running and proficient at doing a lot of trucks quickly and accurately. At first well start with smaller numbers but i dont think itll take long to get the hang of things.

Would you guys be interested in something like this, besides when we do them at our annual truck show?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Matt w/ Gearhead and I did some custom tuning over the weekend so now I'm eager to dyno this thing. I'm DUMBFOUNDED with how well the truck runs. It hasn't ran this well...ever.

-It shifts perfectly. It's like butter when you are cruising softly and it's firm when you are in the pedal. It downshifts just right at like 25% pedal from 4th to 3rd so it stays on top of the turbo and I can motor away smartly in traffic w/o smoke.
-The smoke is basically nothing. Equivalent to a stock truck w/ an 80 hp chip at the most.
-The powerband is table top flat. It just pulls everywhere all of the time, no sudden hit though anywhere. Matt's a bit more experienced w/ guessing hp and he felt that it's about a 600hp truck. When it shifts at full throttle it's just over for both rear 35s. It's going to spin hard and hit the rev limiter.
-It's less clackety at cruising speeds.
-It starts better than it did. The engine is quicker to light now for sure.
-The white smoke I had at cold start up is mostly gone now.
-We played w/ increasing the ICP a bit and adding some pw and Matt found a perfect max pw that we could deliver before smoke and egts jumped up a bunch. I guess you could call it the limit for 200% nozzles.
-Right now I can hammer the truck from a slow roll up to 95 mph and max egts are only about 1300. Nice!

Honestly, if I had known the truck was ever capable of running like this I wouldn't have spent $32K on a daily driver car 3 months ago.

I have several maintenance items to handle on this truck and then a road trip (snowboarding!) to CO planned but I hope to report back on mpg and long term test results at that time in a new thread.

I've ran programming from just about everyone (many multiple times) and at this point this is the best I have ever experienced by a long shot. It's the first time that my track has ever felt "finished" and all of the compromises that I made to have high hp have melted away. It's like driving a factory delivered 600 hp at this point!

DYNO DAY NEEDED! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts