Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After only two days of driving my new truck I really do love it but there are a few things I think Ford screwed up on that ive noticed so far.

The new console is awesome but, The 4 Cup Holders between the console and the dash only hold small cups unless you take out the rubber inserts. The other thing I dont like about the new console is the tray that is removeable on the inside is placed in the middle of the opening unlike the 08-10 that was off to the passanger side. Now you have to remove the tray in order to put or get anything in or out of the console.

I think those are my biggest complaints so far, guess that means its a pretty good truck!:ford:

·
Registered
913 Posts
The tray in the console is the biggest thing for me, I can't get to my gun that's mounted on the driver side with the tray in, I think I'm going to cut the tabs off and glue them to the passenger side so that i can get to it.

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine is in a holster but from what I understand about florida it doesnt matter what its in, i mean if you carry a gun in your pocket it doesnt have to be in a case so what does it matter where its at in your truck....thats all considering you have your permit.

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like having mine concealed.........
Thats true if your going to leave it in the truck, but if someone comes up to the window or is standing there, your never going to get into the console to grab it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Josh.....like you said, they are minor complaints. The tray in the console would be bothersome.

SAK....thats my summer carry also, but without the laser add on.

Have youll got a chance to see the S&W bodyguard? Bad little fker.

Apologies for the derail.

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at the body guard and the sig p239 i think it was which is like a mini 1911 but i reall was shopping for the Ball n chain and she is a lefty so the safety being right thumb operated wasn't really an option. The Lahr pm40 was a great alternative and a really sweet gun. I like it for carrying better that the Springfield sub compact xd 40 that i carry

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had never ridden in or looked inside the console on an 08-10. But that is one of the first things I noticed about the console too. How difficult it is to get in with the tray in there. Surely they didn't mean for you to have to remove it every time? I have to wonder why they changed it from the 08-10? Someone must have complained about that being on the side!:doh:
But really though, it seems like small engineering changes like that are useless, and a little costly. When something worked fine before...

I don't care for the payments either, although I did manage to get them down to what my 03 was. With a sizable down payment. LOL

·
Registered
352 Posts
Same complaints here, payment, console and that the inserts of the cupholders come out so easily I have to twist my drink bottles to get them out or the insert comes out then falls to the floor

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why cant we be able to have the rear-view camera on if we want in DRIVE. It helps a lot when your in a tight parking job with your trailer and dont wanna snag your bumper. Just my .02

·
brandon
778 Posts
My tray falls everytime I touch it. The clip that locks in the back seems to never stay lock in place.

·
i drive boats
117 Posts
Why cant we be able to have the rear-view camera on if we want in DRIVE. It helps a lot when your in a tight parking job with your trailer and dont wanna snag your bumper. Just my .02
you can wire it to stay on, but it would be a pain sometimes I would think, but you can put it on a switch. Im guessing since you have a KR your backup cam is on the nav screen and not in the mirror, so if you did wire it without a switch it would probably get pretty annoying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts