Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one put an sct x3 on a 6.0 and ran it on performance and had antifreeze leak out of the cap i wasnt sure if that was a common problem but it only happened after i put the programmer on my truck and is there any caps with a better vent on it to release some pressure or is there another way to fix that

·
Registered
162 Posts
Could be a few things. Anytime you run a "hotter" tune you are going to amplify a problem.

It could be as simple as a bad cap.....

You could have an oil cooler with a restriction on the coolant side of the oil coooler.

You could have an EGR cooler getting ready to fail (pretty uncommon though on 03 and early 04 6.0's)

You could have a headgasket (or more accurately stretched headbolts) that are only bleeding compression into the cooling system under the highest of boost pressures

If the oil cooler is ok, As long as it doesnt get too bad, it generally isnt a problem, but if the oil cooler is restricted you are hurting the lubricating quality of the oil faster than you should.

Put a new cap on it and see what happens. (get a ford cap). If that doenst fix it we can go from there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My cap only seems to leak when I really get into it so does that mean anything like maybe it is jus the cap or something else?

·
Registered
160 Posts
you are lifting the heads under high boost.... stretched bolts... blown head gasket... fix it and the egr at the same time dont forget the arp studs too or you will be doing it again.. my first diesel was a 6.0 same problem.. i now have a 7.3 not that its perfect or anything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts