Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had changed all my injector cups over the weekend. Before I did this procedure, I drained my coolant just from the cock at the bottom of the radiator. Then I pulled both 1/8" plugs from under the valve covers and let the oil drain out and also pulled one plug on each side the top of the oil rail, just outside of where the top of valve cover, middle, would be. I let all oil drain until it stopped, then I pulled out injectors 7 and 8, and then the rest of them. I could hear a weezing sound from two of the injector bores, down around the cups. I started pulling all injector cups out and the weezing sound got a little louder when I was pulling # 4 cup out, which was bad anyway, it had a crack in it about a half inch long.
Is it possible that when I pulled the injector cups, that whatever anti-freeze was in the heads, drained down through the engine into the oil pan???
I'm asking this because when I drained the oil pan, there must have been atleast a gallon of anti-freeze that came out first.
I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't coming from a bad oil cooler. All the coolant that I drained out was clean and appeared to have no contaminents.
Also, only about 2 gallons of coolant drained at first from the cock at radiator, and then about 2 more gallons came out from the cock after I started pulling the cups out. Is this normal???

Any help in the matter is appreciated...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this was a dumb question.............but I'll try it again, is it normal for coolant to drain to the oil pan when pulling injector cups??? And if so, would it have to get there by draining in through the cylinders???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate it! I never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed.:doh: I just wanted to make sure that was normal.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts