Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a strong anti freeze smell at front of truck after driving. Looked for leaks Nothing. levels are all good. Im at a loss. strongest smell on driver side. 2013 6.7 with Egr cooler delete with flow threw plate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try looking lower left corner of radiator... right above drain on side ..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
2011 6.7L (Current)
24 Posts
Have a strong anti freeze smell at front of truck after driving. Looked for leaks Nothing. levels are all good. Im at a loss. strongest smell on driver side. 2013 6.7 with Egr cooler delete with flow threw plate.

Any updates? If you don’t provide feedback, kinda makes people less inclined to respond, you get out of these what you put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for not getting back. Been away from truck working. I still haven’t found the leak. Or cause of the smell

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after a week away from the truck.i Was able to spend some time looking it over. Found some antifreeze. Under the turbo on top of motor. So more than likely a head gasket. Open for other ideas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pressure tester on cylinders? Or is there some place else to test the pressure of head gasket. Sorry if this is a stupid question. When I come to gasoline engines. I can do anything. This is my first diesel truck that’s not just a stock pull trailer truck.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
No problem.

Gas, diesel...makes no difference. You need a cooling system pressure tester. Screw it on to the coolant reservoir and pump it up to 16 psi. Then look around the engine for where the coolant is coming from.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help. Currently looking for a pressure tester. And will check the coolent line to turbo as well. Will keep everyone updated

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after an afternoon crawling around the truck. Found the coolant leak. Thermostat housing Seams to be the issue. Going to try and replace it next time I’m free. Hopefully that all it is. Easy fix. Bad news is I notice power steering fluid all over front of motor. So looks like I will be replacing the power steering pump as well. It’s been a great truck. But with 113k miles. And been pushing around 37 inch tires it whole life. I suppose it’s just that time to start fixing things.
Thanks for all the help guys. If I find it wasn’t the housing I will let you know. Have a great day

1 - 12 of 12 Posts