Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'am not buying the bs.. Something stinks.. As i recall the same rated gm edged out the ford and dodge nearly 2 years ago. Doing in the ford on the high altitude part of the track mainly. Now they want to claim they are still doing it with a dodge and ford turning out higher numbers, while theirs havent changed.. Nope, not buying it.. There was something different somewhere.. And that world class allison, was/is based off the old 545 allison that was truely a mediocre tranny.. Not that any of it really matters to me, i doubt i will ever buy a new gm product again regardless..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really no suprise. I think they all are building good trucks but the isuzu duramax diesel paired with an allison puts the power to the ground! I have seen it @ drag races, tractor pulls and stock new trucks time after time the combination is on top! Good for them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Put a 50 hp tune and you blow the pos Allison...garbage...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seemed like an ad for Gm, as others said not one mention of year of Ford Or Ram. Pretty poorly done article. No good info in it at all other than features available for GM.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I used to bleed gm, but no longer.. I wont be blind loyal to any of them, but certainly not gm.. The duramax allison combo has been a fairly good one, but it's had it;s issue along the way also, like the rest.. Too many things piss me about gm when it comes to the 3/4 ton up pickups.. Its been their trend for years to folllow others when it comes to many things, between that and the bailout issue, i now rarely give gm a second thought.. For me a work truck either means ford or dodge...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used to bleed gm, but no longer.. I wont be blind loyal to any of them, but certainly not gm.. The duramax allison combo has been a fairly good one, but it's had it;s issue along the way also, like the rest.. Too many things piss me about gm when it comes to the 3/4 ton up pickups.. Its been their trend for years to folllow others when it comes to many things, between that and the bailout issue, i now rarely give gm a second thought.. For me a work truck either means ford or dodge...
What exactly has gm copied from Ford or Dodge??

·
Registered
320 Posts
What exactly has gm copied from Ford or Dodge??
Well first of all , a manual tranny with an od.. The first od manual in a ford was 87' as i recall, gm didnt have one till 92'.. First auto od in a ford diesel was also 87' or 88' as i remember, gm was the 4l80 in 92'.. I'am speaking 3/4 and one ton, not half tons.. Intercoolers came about in 91.5 for dodge, and 99' for ford, Gm drug ass and finally offered it when the duramax came out in 01' was it? Extended cab trucks, how many years went by that ford and dodge offered an extended cab, and Gm didnt? A factory built turbo designed engine, 89' for dodge, 92' for gm, and 93' for ford.. Full floating axle's, dodge and ford both most often used them back in the 80's and 90's on their 3/4 tons.. Gm more often then not chose to run a semi floating axle, especially in the 80's .. Often dodge and ford were quicker to the punch on useing a beefier transfer case in the 4wds, as opposed to Gm.. Body style changes themselves, not all the time but more often not, ford generally was a year or so ahead of Gm here also.. A hd F-450 class truck, ford in 88' as i recall, gm was 92'.. Gm did do them one better by putting 19.5 tires on their model, instead of 16'' rubber.. About the only place i can see where Gm trumped ford and dodge in pickups , they were the first with a true hd Auto, and they offered a diesel in a 1/2 ton.. As i recall back when gm served us that 5.7 conversion pile[ yep i had one of those] dodge briefly offered a mitsubishi diesel in their 1/2 tons also.. Maybe some dodge buffs can help us on the exact years, models..

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Who says the 2015 superduty isn't out yet? There's an entire thread by someone who owns one on another forum.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I also used to love GM but there interiors are now hideous and I just cannot get over the fact that they are not a real business without taking money from others. I trust nothing they do, articles, numbers etc.
They should have gone out of business, most likely they would have been bought by some other company which would have been better than government getting involved in things they shouldn't.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I also used to love GM but there interiors are now hideous and I just cannot get over the fact that they are not a real business without taking money from others. I trust nothing they do, articles, numbers etc.
They should have gone out of business, most likely they would have been bought by some other company which would have been better than government getting involved in things they shouldn't.
I agree to a degree.. Wouldnt want them to go under[ for good], really hated to see them stop production of the 2 ton trucks.. Here again thats just something that pisses me about them.. It's like that really dont care what some want, they just want to do what they want, or a select few.. As for the 15' superduty's, friend of mine picked his up last thursday.. It came in as part of a shipment of about 35 hd trucks, some of those will be on the local lot this week..

·
Registered
211 Posts
. Are you saying the union corporations don't know how to run a business ???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well first of all , a manual tranny with an od.. The first od manual in a ford was 87' as i recall, gm didnt have one till 92'.. First auto od in a ford diesel was also 87' or 88' as i remember, gm was the 4l80 in 92'.. I'am speaking 3/4 and one ton, not half tons.. Intercoolers came about in 91.5 for dodge, and 99' for ford, Gm drug ass and finally offered it when the duramax came out in 01' was it? Extended cab trucks, how many years went by that ford and dodge offered an extended cab, and Gm didnt? A factory built turbo designed engine, 89' for dodge, 92' for gm, and 93' for ford.. Full floating axle's, dodge and ford both most often used them back in the 80's and 90's on their 3/4 tons.. Gm more often then not chose to run a semi floating axle, especially in the 80's .. Often dodge and ford were quicker to the punch on useing a beefier transfer case in the 4wds, as opposed to Gm.. Body style changes themselves, not all the time but more often not, ford generally was a year or so ahead of Gm here also.. A hd F-450 class truck, ford in 88' as i recall, gm was 92'.. Gm did do them one better by putting 19.5 tires on their model, instead of 16'' rubber.. About the only place i can see where Gm trumped ford and dodge in pickups , they were the first with a true hd Auto, and they offered a diesel in a 1/2 ton.. As i recall back when gm served us that 5.7 conversion pile[ yep i had one of those] dodge briefly offered a mitsubishi diesel in their 1/2 tons also.. Maybe some dodge buffs can help us on the exact years, models..
Gm very obviously doesn't imitate other manufacturers. If they would they'd be a lot more like ford and dodge,but they are an entirely different truck.What has happened in the pickup market since 2000?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Gm very obviously doesn't imitate other manufacturers. If they would they'd be a lot more like ford and dodge,but they are an entirely different truck.What has happened in the pickup market since 2000?
obviously they dont.. Ford and dodge came/comes closer to giving me what i wanted, but even more important, needed.. They still do..My trucks are my buisness, thats how i have made a living for the last 25 years.. If you want to drive a truck to work, buy a gm, or even better save some money and buy a car.. If you want a truck to make a living, buy a ford or dodge.. For one they offer more choices, and two you can actually find a selection of 3/4 ton and especially one tons, on their lots.. For about a 75 mi radius around my parts, and from what i have heard of others in different parts of the country, gm dosent..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts