Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a bunch of people asking about this but I just cannot find the answer I am looking for. I've got a 97 f250 with 155,000 miles and a bit of a smoking problem. It has new glow plugs and starts and runs fine but has a steady stream of white smoke coming out the exhaust as it idles. When I rev it it seems to be fine until about 2,000 rpm then once the whoosh of the turbo kicks in it blows clouds of white smoke at the high rpm it just blows it all over then i let off and it goes back to a steady light stream of smoke at an idle. Don't know a thing about diesels so really need some help it cant be healthy that my truck fills the driveway in white smoke when I rev it up. Please help and Thank You :ford:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Could b your injectors

·
Registered
635 Posts
Could be oil leaking past your turbine seal. I had this happen once, smoke good at idle and any time oil pressure is really high.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbine seal ?? I know this is probably a stupid question but where exactly is that and will i be able to tell there is a problem just by looking at it or do I need to take some stuff apart?? Also if its injectors what would it be. Are the injectors probably bad, or just clogged, or are the o rings just bad. Like I said dont know much about these trucks definitly am a rookie.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The turbine seal is in the turbo. Is there any oil in the tail pipe? Take the down pipe off the turbo and see if it is wet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You would have oil consumption if its the turbine shaft seals...
Also, if that seal is bad, you will see a white/blue haze of smoke when you decelerate slowing down from cruising speed........If its running rougher than usual, i would lean towards an injector.......If your loosing Anti'freeze, then possible headgasket, or injector sleeve.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts