Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the prices are starting to come down a bit for the towing mirrors.
I found these at newfordparts.com:

(sorry about the size)

I'm a little curious about the "dealer installation only". I really don't see a need to have a dealer install them, but I wonder if they won't sell them to me otherwise...

The wife gave me the go ahead to order them.

Does anyone have any insight on the whole dealer only thing?

·
Registered
381 Posts
WOW! I am also curious if this legit...is that for a pair or for one?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That's why the price is down. They get it back with the labor charge which wasn't mentioned. Just my guess.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why the price is down. They get it back with the labor charge which wasn't mentioned. Just my guess.
That might be a good guess.

I found another link that had the dealer pricing at $120ish a piece, but you definitely needed to be a dealership or have a business account to purchase them. These are already marked up, so I'm wondering why a dealer would be buying from this website.

I've found other sites selling these, but they all have the same ad that says dealer installation only.

That is ridiculous to make a dealer install them if that is the case.

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow...

·
Registered
72 Posts
WOW YOU ARE LUCKY AS HELL I HAD A UHAUL TRUCK TAKE OUT MINE AND IT WAS 872.00 FROM FORD AND TRYED AFTERMARKET COULD NOT FIND ONE THEY TOLD ME FORD HAD NOT RELEASED IT YET (IS THAT ONE HEATED AND POWER EVERYTHING)???????

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those part #'s are for 100% manual mirrors with no power options. I have a set sitting right next to me in the OEM boxes. The description is very deceiving.
Thats weird because it states that it also includes power adjust, heating, marker/turn signal.

That ad tells me that they are manual telescoping with power everything else.

That is a flat out lie by what you are saying.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW YOU ARE LUCKY AS HELL I HAD A UHAUL TRUCK TAKE OUT MINE AND IT WAS 872.00 FROM FORD AND TRYED AFTERMARKET COULD NOT FIND ONE THEY TOLD ME FORD HAD NOT RELEASED IT YET (IS THAT ONE HEATED AND POWER EVERYTHING)???????
Well it looks like they might be full manual as Canister pointed out.

I'll have to call tomorrow to verify.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah u might want to check on that i know for a fact the all power mirrors are not chep and boy did i look eveywere ever got my cuz who work in a junk yard here in nc to check the computer for one she check everywere from nc to gorgia with no luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts