1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Did you look at the SS m16's for your size?

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
No way would I go from a Toyo to any TSL. Thats like champagne to Pabst. LOL

I hear you on the $$$ issue though.
Champagne to Pabst? So you mean its a big upgade then.LOL.LOL

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I think you would be very dissapointed riding on them after having multiple sets of toyos. I know they may be cheaper but you have had a lot of miles out of your toyos and you'd probably be lucky to get half that out of a TSL. Even if they don't at first they will eventually ride like ass.

·
blowin coal
32 Posts
they are definatly right on this one im rollin 38.5 tsl boggers and my truck is the roughest ridin truck well besides a dodge lol but i would stick with the toyos or find u another cheaper more of a all terain type of tire cause tsl's sux im just waiting on mine to burn off

·
Registered
172 Posts
they are definatly right on this one im rollin 38.5 tsl boggers and my truck is the roughest ridin truck well besides a dodge lol but i would stick with the toyos or find u another cheaper more of a all terain type of tire cause tsl's sux im just waiting on mine to burn off
that shouldnt take too long with boggers LOL

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Dude... You DEFINATELY don't want TSL-SX's on your truck. They're not exactly good for anything but mud riding.

Have you ever run bias-ply on the street?

I WILL say, however, that they LOOK awesome. Check out the TSL SSR. I LOVED mine, and they actually wore nicley for a mud tire. But the price isn't as good as the SX.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure what I am going to do... The wifes Excursion will continue to run Toyo's but I dont know if I can stomach another 1500 for tires... UGH.

Was also looking at these Pitbull tires...

:: PIT BULL TIRES :: Rocker LT Radial Tires

... But I dont know the cost of them yet.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I find this thread utterly hilarious and totally ridiculous all at the same time.... Joe....Run anything but the almighty TOYO?? LOL You gotta be kiddin me.....

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
DONT RUN A BIAS TIRE!!! just had to throw in my .02

Oh yea, and i have no experience with the pitbull tires, but they look awsome and i have heard they are (or are going to be) making them in radials

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
DONT RUN A BIAS TIRE!!! just had to throw in my .02

Oh yea, and i have no experience with the pitbull tires, but they look awsome and i have heard they are (or are going to be) making them in radials
:whs: NO BIAS!!!

I love the pitbulls too, but they're all BIAS right now.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find this thread utterly hilarious and totally ridiculous all at the same time.... Joe....Run anything but the almighty TOYO?? LOL You gotta be kiddin me.....
lol. Joe is the Toyo posterboy fo sho.
times are tough... Eating alot more ground beef rather then steak...

getting lesser quality tires to save money... LOL

:whs: NO BIAS!!!

I love the pitbulls too, but they're all BIAS right now.
They are showing radials on there site...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yep....I wouldn't even consider running a bias tire on anything but a dedicated off road rig... That said, I run Toyo's but doubt I will go that route again with the $$ needed to get a set. Used to be you had a hard time finding anything in 10 ply bigger than a 235/85/16, but there are way more choices in 10 ply tires out there...IMO Toyo (LS) needs to adjust their pricing before they completely lose the market...Times have changed and we have cheaper alternatives that seem to be every bit as good as the Toyo...

Honestly Joe- I really don't know how in the hell you get such good mileage from the Toyo's. Just running mine from October to now they show alot more wear than I'd like to see, and I'm not hard on my truck....I've got 20k+ on stage 1's and a stock tranny with 210K on it...

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have pitbull rockers on my '91 rockcrawler jeep, super swamper boggers on my '79 bronco mudder, and super swamper tsl/sx on my '94 street jeep wrangler. do not buy any of these tires for any full size truck. if you run them on the road, you will grind the tread right off of them. you buy 2 sets of these for one set of toyo's, or Nitto's. i run the Nitto's on mine and i like them. i bought them new off of ebay for $1400 for all 4 with free shipping. size is 37x13x18. i've also had the bias iroks and man did they wear fast, even on my wrangler. my next set will be irok radials however. i can't afford another set of nittos right now.the irok radials are fairly cheap and last a while. stay away from bias, they take for ever to warm up when its cold, if you leave them sit for any period of time, they will have flat spots, untill you get them moving and round again, and they wear, and they ride rough, they pretty much suck, unless you are off-road, and in that case you can't beat them.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I AM NOT LOOKING AT BIAS tires...

They make the pitbulls in radials now...

·
Registered
69 Posts
well you where looking at tsl/sx which are bias. i wouldn't buy any pitbull bias or radial for the street. just my opnion. did you look at the irok radials? my buddy has a set and they have lasted him pretty well for a mud tire. just makes sure you keep up on the rotating.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts