Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got a question that probably won't be quick lol. I found a 2008 CCSB 6.4 for $9000 with 105,000 miles I'm unsure on the trim level but the dark leather interior makes me think platnum. I'm debating if it's worth the drive to look at. The only stipulation is that I can't do major work to it. Not that I physically can't. after spilling a few quarts of trans fluid all over the driveway and rolling over it with my creeper and trans jack, I've kinda lost my wrenching privileges until I get a shop.

The current owner states that a radiator hose came loose and it overheated... I know that's really vague, I guess what I'm getting at is how stout are these motors? Could it handle getting hot and not blow a head gasket or burn up rings?

My current rig is an 01 ccsb that I love and really don't want to part with especially with a new motor and trans but the wife put the idea of a newer (quieter) truck in my head a few months back and this is the 2nd 6.4 I've found on my area for a price I would consider (did I mention how much she hates my truck and diesel performance as a whole?)

I've had a 6.4 as a service truck in the past that I honestly beat the sh** out of for about 20,000 miles before I transferred to another district and I really liked it it seemed to hold up well. So, will this motor definitely need a rebuild? Is it worth $9k in the current condition?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pass on it, 6.4s are like the lottery. Once in a while you win, but mostly you lose. That engine could cost you double what you pay for the truck. You don't want it if you don't have a shop to work on it.
Find a low mileage 15 or 16 with the 6.7..... much better odds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet man, thanks. Other than my old service truck, I don't have much experience with them. That was my original thought tho, I was just hoping I was wrong

1 - 3 of 3 Posts