Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The original $5 foot long
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is another vague question without yall being able to see it in person but please humor me....A 97 single cab, 4wd, manual, new clutch, 134k miles for $6500? Good price? What would I need to be worried about or really look at?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think the price is ok if the outward appearance is rated good to great condition and it is running well with no current issues. It is a single cab, but has a new clutch.. My opinion on the 7.3 is it will run until you kill it, so you have to try to beat it up. Mine has been the most reliable motor I have ever owned. I am sure others have had different experiences, but overall these trucks run well and long.. Especially the OBS.. I really want a F350 SRW Crew Cab OBS around the '97 MY.

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to my brother who is a mechanic and he said that the OBS f250's werent the greatest because of the front suspension. Is this a good reason to maybe pass and just keep looking for a 350?

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any OBS f250 guys wanna shed some light on this? Is the front end suspenion a big and expensive enough potential problem to wanna not mess with getting a 250? Can whatever the problem area's are be upgrade or something for a reasonable price to make them better?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Any OBS f250 guys wanna shed some light on this? Is the front end suspenion a big and expensive enough potential problem to wanna not mess with getting a 250? Can whatever the problem area's are be upgrade or something for a reasonable price to make them better?
I think the reference may be to the Twin I-Beam front end as opposed to the solid Dana front-end on the F350. I don't know which years had this but try to avoid it.

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the reference may be to the Twin I-Beam front end as opposed to the solid Dana front-end on the F350. I don't know which years had this but try to avoid it.
Hmmm ok. I just find so many OBS f250 for my price range but I really dont want to have to drop a bunch of money into one all the time. But the f350's in the style I want are alot harder to come by locally.:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts