Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MotherHucker
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last weekend I drove the truck 1000 miles round trip towing without a single issue. Yesterday I drove it to and from school no issues. This morning I started it to go to work, it started like normal and idled nice for about 5 seconds and shut off on its own like I turned the key to kill it. No restart. Short on time I caught a ride to work.

I’m assuming the first place to look is the CPS, this is the very first time this truck has had any running issues and I’ve driven it 45,000 miles since buying. Any tips on what I should look at if the cps doesnt fix the issue? Its my daily!

***Update
Had someone go try and start it to look at the tach while cranking and it fired up, but she turned it right off and then it wouldn’t restart. She said the fuel filter and engine temp lights came on by the Wait to start light. Strange! *****

If I’m in the wrong section or something feel free to make fun of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MotherHucker
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Changed the CPS out with a new Unit, no dice it does the same thing. Not smoking at all, tried unplugging the sensor on the driver side head (IPR? I think) also nothing. Fuel bowl is filled with fuel, filter looks alright.

#### sucks! Day two without a daily! Going to have to call the shop if I cant figure it out tonight.

·
PSN intsigator
6,096 Posts
Is your wait to start light coming on

·
MotherHucker
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, everything is acting normal other than the engine not running.

·
MotherHucker
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hpop was full when I looked, the batteries died from messing with it and I just can’t waste anymore time on the thing. It’s at a shop now Ill have him diagnose it and Ill fix whatever is wrong. Will keep posted as this issue seems broad for a variety of different people.

·
MotherHucker
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the Injection pressure regulator. Slammed in a new one and we’re good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts