Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Shane, new to the 7.3 and Im lovin it! I dont know where to start, I finally got my first diesel about a month ago. It is a 1996 F350 crew cab OBS with 160k on it. Already have numerous things I want to do but dont know where to start with upgrades, she is a bit of a dog right now. I am going to do a muffler delete first I know. After driving it awhile Ive noticed Im going to need some steering linkage parts but have no idea on what to get any help there is appreciated. She is primarily a DD at the moment with light farm use. Thats all I got for now i spose.

Things I need help with:
Upping my fuel mileage!!

steering linkage parts and #'s if available or a thread to point me in that direction

injectors in conjuntion with a TS 6 pos switch = just need basic explanation as far as custom tune to go with and/or best injectors to use with this chip

leveling kit need to know where to get this, I need new leaf springs in the front, so I dont know if there is a kit out there that replaces the old leafs with new ones that includes the 2" level(ive measured about 10 different times in 10 dif locations)

Other upgrades that are in the future
Cold air intake
rims/tires
black backed head/tail lights
smoked cab lights
powder coated mirrors

Anything Im missing here? Like I said Im a n00b at this so any help without the abuse of not knowing is appreciated. PM me if ya want. Thanks guys!

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Where are you at exactly?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome.

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
My name is Shane, new to the 7.3 and Im lovin it! I dont know where to start, I finally got my first diesel about a month ago. It is a 1996 F350 crew cab OBS with 160k on it. Already have numerous things I want to do but dont know where to start with upgrades, she is a bit of a dog right now. I am going to do a muffler delete first I know. After driving it awhile Ive noticed Im going to need some steering linkage parts but have no idea on what to get any help there is appreciated. She is primarily a DD at the moment with light farm use. Thats all I got for now i spose.

Things I need help with:
Upping my fuel mileage!!

steering linkage parts and #'s if available or a thread to point me in that direction

injectors in conjuntion with a TS 6 pos switch = just need basic explanation as far as custom tune to go with and/or best injectors to use with this chip

leveling kit need to know where to get this, I need new leaf springs in the front, so I dont know if there is a kit out there that replaces the old leafs with new ones that includes the 2" level(ive measured about 10 different times in 10 dif locations)

Other upgrades that are in the future
Cold air intake
rims/tires
black backed head/tail lights
smoked cab lights
powder coated mirrors

Anything Im missing here? Like I said Im a n00b at this so any help without the abuse of not knowing is appreciated. PM me if ya want. Thanks guys!
Basics:
muffler delete is easy and will help egt's
search : DIY intake (6637 filter)
gauges: egt/trans/boost.
tunes: any custom tuned chip. search function will provide you with info on this and more. If you ask guys who is the "best" then you'll get their opinions whether that means they've tried 1 tuner or multiple tuners. best just to search around, get info on all of them. then call and talk with the tuners them selves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts