Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 3 gauges from a PSN member a trans temp, pyro, and boost, i have a manual tranny, what can i do with the temp gauge, can i use it for oil temp or water temp if so where do need to put the sensor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I have an overboost annihilator, is it ok to put the T for the boost in the line or should it be placed somewhere else?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks i just wanted to make sure the overboost annihilator wouldn't mess up the reading.

Does anybody have suggestions for the trans temp? Does anyone run trans temps gauges in manuals?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any one at all, i have a 3 pod pillar and don't want a dead gauge in one space, thought about running it to the rear end but don't know if the lead is long enough

·
Getting Faster...
150 Posts
It's not long enough for the diff, but with the right adapter(s), it'll read the temp of whatever fluid you choose. You could lengthen the lead(s) if you want, but I'm not sure how that affects the accuracy. That might just be for pyros, now that I think about it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to go with water temp, just wondering where would be the best place to put the sensor?

·
Getting Faster...
150 Posts
There's a plug on the driver's side of the 'stat housing. That's where most folks put it. You'll need an adapter to go from those threads to the trans temp threads (1/4" NPT to 1/8th" NPT, IIRC, but check me on that).

That's actually a great idea -- with my Scan Gauge, my trans temp gauge is redundant anyway. I may do the same thing!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what i will do then thanks for the info.

Still wondering if its gonna be ok to put my boost in my map line with my overboost annihilator

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If the gauge taps in front of the ob valve yes if it is behind it. Or on the line the pcm sees it will be low

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fishstick, done have the $$ for the scan guage right now have to many other things going on right now.

Thanks for the help with the guages, they are going in this week

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
For the boost guage, just put the T for the boost line BEFORE the overboost control and you will be good to go. If you put it after, you will just see what the PCM see's for boost, and not your actual boost level. And it wont mess anything up or affect anything if you put it before the overboost thing, just gives you your actual boost reading...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks redsmokey,

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive got the DP F5 chip installed and cant wait to get the guages on so I can see what the old boy can do.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My step dad and I are puting them in this weekend, he ownes a Duramax and a Cummins both 100% stock, Im excited to get everything on and show him what a powerstroke can do. The last time he rode in mine it was 100% factory stock all the way down to the original shocks with 210K :doh: Just hoping I dont have to put a clutch in it too soon or the wife is gonna be upset.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Better buy someflowers with that clutch LOL:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts