Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting prepared for my custom fuel system and so far i have a Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump with 8an fittings in it,so my ? is what hose size should i use for the rest of it.im gana delete the fuel bowl too and am shooting for 500-550hp.and will also have a sump

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
5/8 from the tank to pump thru filter. 5/8 or 1/2 up to the engine after the last pump then split to 3/8 to the heads. 3/8 from head to the reg. You can use the stock feed line for the return line or run your own 3/8 line back.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size is 8an hose

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
1/2" but you want a larger diameter especially on the vacuum side as these pumps are pushers.

For your reference:

a -2 hose has an I.D. of 1/8" [306 only]
a -3 hose has an I.D. of 3/16"
a -4 hose has an I.D. of 1/4"
a -5 hose has an I.D. of 5/16"
a -6 hose has an I.D. of 3/8"
a -8 hose has an I.D. of 1/2"
a -10 hose has an I.D. of 5/8"
a -12 hose has an I.D. of 3/4"
a -16 hose has an I.D. of 1"
a -20 hose has an I.D. of 1 1/4"

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok.what do yall think about push lock hose and fittings?any good

·
Registered
825 Posts
Working on mine also. Want to use braided SS but the hydraulic shop only has it teflon lined. Will that be okay to use?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Remember SS braided unless it has a plastic over skin will chafe and cut wear everything it touches. They look nice but can be a real headache. ITPS are covered to prevent that issue. Good looks and no issues.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Have the ITP RR & Delete. Was wanting to replace all the line from the tank to the engine since I'm moving the pump.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
got it.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are push lock fitting the best way to go or should i use different ones?
how does this sound,5/8 from sump to pump through filter,5/8 from pump to water seperator,then 1/2 to the y,3/8 after y to heads,3/8 out of heads to regulator and then to tank?will that do?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
What I used on my last one and I believe Marty and number of others use as well.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright.thanks

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wats the best way to feed the heads?from the back or the front?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Some so front some say back then you have apparently some feeding one front and the other from the rear.

Do some searches on fuel system and regulated Returns and see what is said and do what you what makes the most sense to you. I doubt you will have a bad exper either way.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok.will do

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I recommend if you have detailed questions shoot Marty a PM he has s DIY fuel systems work out very well. Not much he will not be able to answer and has BTDT.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
My system feeds the front of the heads with a ITP bowl delete block. I return the fuel from the rear of the heads using teflon lined braided SS lines wrapped in Parker ware sleeve. Return lines are 3/8" and the line feeding the block is 1/2" all the way from the pump/filters behind the transfer case.

Some pics of my system are here: Fuel Bowl Delete pictures from friends fun photos on webshots

1 - 19 of 19 Posts