Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have yet another fuel leak :doh: , looks like it is coming from the actual fuel pump. I tightend up the big bolt and I believe that may have stopped it. Is there a copper or brass washer/"gasket" that goes between there?

Fuel pump seems to be fine, hate to replace it if I can fix it.

Let me know, thanks.

·
Needing Carbon Credits
126 Posts
There is a copper washer on each side of the banjo nut. I think they are about $5 a piece from Ford.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I find a part number?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Fuel Line Banjo Outlet Seals (seals banjo fitting of "wishbone" line)
(Ford) F4TZ-9A375-A

·
ohh bee ess
50 Posts
Less $$ at International dealer.;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tightend the banjo bolt and it seems it may have stopped the leak from there, but it looks like it is leaking from the FPR. Im starting to get frustrated with these leaks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I tightend the banjo bolt and it seems it may have stopped the leak from there, but it looks like it is leaking from the FPR. Im starting to get frustrated with these leaks.
Right there with ya. In the last month I've had two fuel leaks(fuel pressure sensor and a cracked fuel bowl lid) and my water pump went out. Guess the new dp will have to wait another month.....:doh::confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We looked at the fuel bowl again tonight, and pin pointed where it is coming from. It is coming from the Fuel Bowl Heater connector.

It is coming from the upper connection. It isn't the O-Ring, it leaking on the other side of the o-ring.

What would be causing it to do this? What should I do to even attempt to fix the problem?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Since you have the fuel bowl out I would remove the entire fuel bowl heater connection and then tap the opening for an appropriate size plug and then plug the hole and reinstall the fuel bowl. Almost everyone who has one of these trucks has removed/disconnected the fuel bowl heater with no ill effects from doing so. If it were me that is what I would do.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem is, that the fuel bowl is installed.

I drove it for a day with no problems, then I noticed it was leaking again. I looked it over and saw that it was leaking at the banjo bolt on the fuel pump, so I found a wrench that would fit it, and snuged it up a little and that leak went away. Im going to order the new copper seals on Monday. Once I thought all the leaks were fixed, today I smelled raw fuel again, now as I posted above it's the fuel bowl heater.

I'd like to fix it, just don't know what to do or what to order to fix it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAHA believe me, the thought crossed my mind. I even looked it up then saw the $600 price tag haha.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
consider the price to replace all the broken parts on the oem system with stock replacement parts........ it will prolly equal out to be the same.

or you can piece it together one part at a time.....

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have all new o-rings in the fuel bowl, new hoses, a new fuel bowl heater, and a new fuel filter. Its just about rebuilt, all except for this leak. I don't think its going to cost $600 to fix the leak.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I have all new o-rings in the fuel bowl, new hoses, a new fuel bowl heater, and a new fuel filter. Its just about rebuilt, all except for this leak. I don't think its going to cost $600 to fix the leak.
factor in the price of the fuel pump too

so for the price for the setup I will be doing will be less then $500

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I havn't looked at a price, but a fuel pump cant be but $1-200. I don't need a pump though.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yank the bowl back out and plug it. It isn't hard at all to pull the filter housing. What does it take twenty minutes if that?! You could try and locate the isolator that fits in the hole but that will probably prove to be a futile search. I doubt Ford would be kind enough to offer that part seperately. I would seriously recommend just unplugging the heater and tapping/plugging the hole. You also wouldn't have to worry about the heater blowing the fuse and leaving you sitting trying to figure out what the hell happened.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kick in the ass is I just spent $55 on a new heater element.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That sucks. I can only think of one other option and I am not sure if it would work or not. I don't know if you replaced the o-rings for the isolator or not but if you did then it must be leaking through the inside where the metal passes through the plastic. You could try using epoxy designed for fuel tanks and apply a generous amount and then plug the plug back into the isolator and that should seal it completely but you will never get that plug back off.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Suggest slowly piece together a DIY E-fuel system....cause you'll want one when you do injectors. The stocker will always be a PIA. Plus you can sell it when you switch over to offset cost of E-fuel setup.

The fuel bowl heater is a gimick and will only let you down I would leave it unplugged.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts