Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a leak from the fuel pump about 6 months ago. I took everything apart and replaced everything all of the hoses, Orings on the fuel bowl and the fuel pump. Everything on top of the motor is dry. But there is fuel dripping off the back of the motor covering the whole tranny. I just dont get it. Where could it be coming from now?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there is. Have you herd of anyone ever having them leak. Does anyone know is there a oring on them or a gasket?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
O-ring.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
There are square cut o-rings on the fuel lines at the rear of the heads, or the steel lines from the pump to the rear of the heads. I just changed the o-rings on mine and I still have a leak and I think the steel line could be cracked. I can see fuel leaking down the side of the valley under the pedestal so I know the only thing left In that area is the steel line. My advise would be change the o-rings, steel line, washers on fuel pump end and o-rings on the turbo pedestal.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
clean the valley and put down some baby powder in the valley start it up and you shoud see the leak pretty fast. check FP and fitting on the back at the banjo bolt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
clean the valley and put down some baby powder in the valley start it up and you shoud see the leak pretty fast. check FP and fitting on the back at the banjo bolt.
that is the next thing I was going to do is ck the banjo bolt, but where is is leaking I am not sure that is where it is leaking later tonight after it cools down to ck it out....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts