Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I do. Stock dia, 3.5", straight pipe (cat delete of course) or an after market 4" turbo back exhaust system with the kitty deleted as well? Thoughts?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Personally, I liked the sound of my truck better with the stock exhaust and cat and muffler deleted. I'm running mbrp now with cat delete and mbrp muffler. The drone of the mbrp without the muffler got annoying after a while.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
MBRP 4" Turbo back straight piped exhaust, no kitty. They use a 3.5" down pipe and are 4" from there back. As far as Im concerned, its the best buy out there.

MBRP S6212PLM

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
I'm running mbrp now with cat delete and mbrp muffler
Been running a MBRP str8 turbo back w/ the deletes for almost two yrs., was thinking about throwing the muffler on just to hear the difference. It's just sitting in my garage collecting dust. Maybe i'll take some video of the difference between the two

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I would go with the MBRP that has the cat delete but uses the 4" muffler, it has a good sound and no drone. Let me know if I can help.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
I run a MBRP down pipe and their cat delete pipe on factory piping with the muffler cut out. I get compliments about the sound all the time. Nice rumble squeezes out at like 2200-2500 rpms.

Now that I got the Garrett PowerMax installed I got the whistle...VERY nice!!

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
I would go with the MBRP that has the cat delete but uses the 4" muffler, it has a good sound and no drone. Let me know if I can help.
:whs: I have the same setup with CAT and muffler delete options it is cool that way, however I always run it with the muffler, same sound just not obnoxiously loud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts