Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Mac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my center driveshaft bearing as it was gone. While I did that I replaced the rear u joint. The shutter I had off the line is gone but I have a shutter/vibration at about 50mph in OD. If I give it some more pedal it settles down. It's not horrible but you can feel it in your feet and see the mirrors shake at that speed. Please help!!!!!!!!

·
Big Mac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I had the driveshaft balanced as I forgot to mark the yoke location to the splines

·
Registered
706 Posts
When is the last time you had tires balanced and wheel alignment done? Have you greased the u joints?

·
Big Mac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires are good. Just had them checked. I just put the other 2 u joints in and the same issue. I pulled the diff cover but everything looks good. I am at the end of my rope. please help.

·
Big Mac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found a bit of up and down play in the tailshaft on the Transfer case. I bet anyting that is the issue. Has anyone ever replaced this and how dificult is it. Maybe a step by step guide would be the best. I cant find anything on the web.

·
Big Mac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok no I found that the driveshaft was out of phase. I phased it correct and had to flip the rear yoke on the front half of the shaft 180*. It took most the vibration out but now that I did that will I have to re-balance the shaft?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts