Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin had the misfortune of purchasing a TN BB drop-in a while back. His first one #### the bed after only 20 miles, and now he's on his second one which has approx 15k miles on it.

Last weekend, the compressor side started pissing oil. So, we figured the turbo was toasted, as the leak was fairly substantial. Today he went to start tearing things apart, and it seems that the turbo has stopped leaking.

He had to drive it a couple hundred miles, to get it home, from when he first found the leak. So, it seems to have stopped at some point during that drive.

His crank case is vented to the atmosphere, and injectors were swapped shortly before the leak started (upgraded to Swamps 175's). All of the CAC plumbing was thoroughly cleaned during the injector swap, so we know the oil is not residual. The turbo shaft has minimal play.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
More then likely he had some kind of CCV blockage. I ran quite a few of those and they were all very sensitive to CCV pressures.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More then likely he had some kind of CCV blockage. I ran quite a few of those and they were all very sensitive to CCV pressures.
A CCV blockage was my first thought when he started having the issue. The CCV vent line was checked. No kinks or oil puddled in a low spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts